Why is it that when someone else gets sick it is just a minor cold or a toothache, but when I have to get sick, it is some disease that we've never even heard of. My hubby tells me that he got a defective piece in the form of a wife.
So, yesterday while returning back from work I felt feverish & the temperature kept creeping up. The left side of my face started hurting. I thought it must be something related to an innocent looking mouth ulcer that I had been having since a couple of days. So I had crocin & hoped that by morning I would be hail & hearty. Morning was a shock coz thewhole left side of my face was swollen up & I looked dilapidated. I did not know who to see, a general physician or a dentist. Hubby insisted on the dentist so off I went with hubby in tow. Apparently, the innocent looking ulcer was not an ulcer at all. It was the opening of my salivary duct that had got inflamed due to some infection or blockage. The doctor said it could be a stone lodged in one of the many branches of my salivary duct. I had never heard of a stone formation in any body part above the abdomen. How strange is that??? So I have been put on a heavy dose of antibiotics & anti inflammation medicines & if it does not get better by tomorrow, we might need to inject a dye in my salivary gland via a small tube & get an x-ray done.
When I reached office, my boss tells me that I am looking fine. Oh sure!! By the way, I am not that much of a workaholic that I would not want to rest at home, but boss is a boss is a boss!! & I don't blame him coz he leads by example. So I should not crib. He is a kind man & even insisted that I take a second opinion from the Company physician which I did. This doctor scared me even more.I think these doctors need a lesson in patient psycology coz he told me that we will have to wait & watch till Monday & if things do not look good by then we would have to do something. What would we have to do, I ask & he tells me that he did not want to scare me & so he will discuss this with me only on Monday. Oh sure.........what u have said just now is not scary at all. !!
So that's where I stand today & wish that it was a case of another simple RCT that I at least know the a,b,c of by now.

15 comments:
And I thought I was the only defective piece in the world.
Get well soon :)
@d- so now there are the two of us...lol. thanks for the wishes. :)
Oh! Hope it all turns out Ok! Don't strain yourself too much.
I know the doctor is really an idiot to say something like that. Wish you good recovery!
@pg- thanks dear.:)
OMG! This sounds so painful! I wish you a speedy recovery!
As for Dr. Monday, keep him waiting and guessing!!
oh you are alone ..let me join the gang !!
and yes get well soon :)
Oh no Monika! I really hope the medicines work quickly.
@Mamma mia! Me a mamma- Thankee. Pian is better today
@blue mist-wlecome to the gang of defective pieces.....lol.
@cherie-they do seem to be working. :)
Here through your comment on my blog...Lol, I am a defective piece too, and an absolute, hypochondriac ;) I always say, let's get numerous allergies, colds, stones and ulcers, but no untreatable diseases...would like to know what it was and how you got better.
@ Indian Home Maker said... Thanks for the visit. Will update. Am feeling better today.:)
How are you now?
@cuckoo- much better. thanks for asking. I ahve posted an updtae today.
Will go check your blog now.
get well soon dear... how is it doing now? and ya ditto here i keep having some problem or the other feels like a defective sample myself and when it comes to treatment too i would have to go for the most tedious and expensive one due to some other related problem
@ monika- oh I am sorry. Hope u stay out of trouble. & hope so too for myself.
Post a Comment