Thursday, September 11, 2008

Favourite Characters

Taking inspirations from Anirudh's blog, I thought of posting about Ansh's current obsession with everything that relates to Ben 10.


Just like his favourite songs, his favourite characters too have changed over the years.


His first love was Teletubbies . We had a CD & even bought him a stuffed Teletubby. When the channel,C-Beebies started, we started getting Teletubbies on TV. But by that time Ansh had moved on to another character, " Noddy".

Now, Noddy was his Birthday theme for his second Birthday & he still loves this little guy. We have CDs, books & soft toys on the noddy theme. Ansh even has a Noddy cars which his Mamas sent for his birthday.

By his Third Birthday, Tom & Jerry were ruling Ansh's heart & they still do. Ansh simply adores Jerry & hates Tom. He would ask me sometimes "Aaapko Tom achha lagta hai ya Jerry?" (Do you like Tom or Jerry?)& if I jokingly say 'Tom", he would be sad.

The latest superheros that have come into his life are Power Rangers & Ben 10. Now, I was more than OK with Noddy & Tom & Jerry coz I used to myself love watching them, but Ben 10 is something I don't like to watch at all. Abhi is the gainer here. The other day while I was switching off "Ben 10" as it was bed time, it was Abhi & not Ansh who protested.

So I guess Ben 10 is here to stay!


This is a Ben 10 gizmo that Ansh's Satish baba got for him day before yesterday. It did not leave his wrist for the rest of the day.



Yesterday also, Satish baba got him a Ben 10 game that we played for a long time. It is Ansh's first Board game & while we started by following all the rules like "going back spaces","starting with a six" & "missing turns", we ultimately ended up just moving our pieces by the throw of dice & beginner's luck or what, but Ansh always won fair & square!! :)There were big debates over who should take which colour "goti" & the colours will be swapped with each new game. Abhi had patience for 2-3 such games & then Mommy & Beta continued on their own for 10 or more games. Phew!!

6 comments:

~nm said...

:) Anirudh has that same gadget too! And yes, he sleeps with it, drinks with it and does everything with it :)

D said...

I just don't understand these new breed of cartoon characters. And I'm so glad that the older ones like Noddy was been resuscitated for the kids.

Monika said...

@nm- i find these two little ones so alike. :)

Monika said...

@d- Yes D. Same here. I remember reading a whole lot of Noddy books in my school library.:)

Mama - Mia said...

wow!! that watch is bigger than him!! :D

i love tom and jerry too! totally! :)can still watch it for hours on end!!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Abha- it's not actually a watch. Juts a stupid gizmo that emits lights & sounds. :)