They think that patients have all the time in the world & only they themselves are the busy ones. Yesterday evening after a visit to the Company physician , I was relieved coz he reassured me that there is no damage to the facial nerve as he had earlier suspected. Then I rushed home to be on time for the dentist's appointment with Ansh & Abhi in tow. Ansh was crabby coz he had not slept well the earlier night & it was his bedtime. However, since MIL was not at home, I had to take him along. In all the hurry, I took a banana with me to feed Ansh on the way , so that he does not sleep in the car on an empty stomach.
Reached the doc's place under pouring rain without an umbrella. Rushed in & had to wait for 20 minutes which is always expected. So, I went in & the doc sees me for just a second & says that the swelling seems to be coming down. So I should continue with the medicines and that these kind of things recur . So if it recurs, he'll do a full diagnostic test to find out the real cause. I had so many questions, so many other problems to discuss. I did not even have the opportunity to take a seat & was sort of shooed out. These few minutes that I was inside, Abhi was taking a smoke break & he was surprised that it was all over in the little while that he was away.
After coming out of the chamber I realised what was all the hurry about. The doctor followed us outside & apologised to a man who had come after us for having made him wait a while. Looked like some relative or friend of the doctor. That was so very unfair. Now, doctors because of their Noble profession are so revered but ultimately, it's a service they provide for which they get paid. Is it too much to expect your money's worth & this is not about this doctor in particular. I have had severalexperiences with other medics who have no regard for other's time. There have been instances when I have waited for hours outside chambers.
Yes, there can be emergencies & doctors can have no control over time. But almost all have receptionists & helpers who can always call to reschedule appointments. I have not come across any doctor who does that.
I hope it's a long while before I have to visit another one of them !!
6 years ago

8 comments:
good that u are feeling better.... and i agree docs are a pain,... sometimes even with an appointment u have to wait for hours... but there are some docs who actually reschedule appointments if they cant make it :) i know a couple of them but then i know so many docs :) :)
@ monika- good that u have experienced the better of the lot. At least keeps your faith alive that things will improve.
just read all your health updates!! hope you are feeling a lot better now!
yes! its quite irritating when doc's dont seem to have either time or patience to deal with all your quesries.
take care and get well soon!!
hugs
abha
@mama mia- Yes, & I am the least inquisitive of the lot. In fact when my husband starts asking teh questions, I pity the doctors.........lol.
@monika - good to know ue health is better...well abt docs we cant just argue with them and smtimes have to bear all such things..
recover well :)
I can just feel your frustration and I really hope you are better! And yes, I hope it's a long while before you have to visit one of them again!
Wishing you good health!
I hate waiting too! I can never understand why they do not plan their days better.
Here's to hoping for no visits for a long time :)
@ insane-thansk. am on my way to recovery.
@mama mia ma a mamma-can you? well, I must be getting better with my writing then :)
@Cherie- thanks dear .
Post a Comment