....have kept changing over the years.
His first love was an English Number from "Dirty Dancing", called "Time of my life". He loved the song as well as the video. We used to lie him down on the bean bag with the video & he used to watch motionless with extreme concentration. He used to love dancing to this song too with me carrying him & holding his hand just like in the video & he expected me to lift him up just like Patrick Swayze used to lift Jennifer Grey at the end of the song.
Before Ansh turned 1, he fell in love with "Bheege Hooth Tere". It used to feel funny hearing that song coming from the lips of a 1 year old little baby. That remained an anthem for many months. He used to sleep listening to that very song. I remember that on one of our first vacations to my mom's house in Bhutan, Ansh fell sick & this song used to be played in the middle of the night to help him fall asleep. It was downloaded in every one's phones. Even on a plane ride, this helped calm him down.
The next was the "Kajrare" phase. He danced to this song in his Mama' s wedding in April 2006 & made everyone so happy. He knew a lot of that song by heart & used to start from the beginning, "Aisi Nazar Se Dekha.........".
After this phase was the "Chak de" phase. He was completely in love with the song, the movie & with Shah Rukh Khan. He wanted to become Shah Rukh Khan when he grew up & used to watch the movie several times.
& now his all time favourite song is from Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic.It's called "Beete Kal Se". The joy on his face when we put on this song for him is inexplicable. Yesterday he surprised me by dancing to this song. After the Kajrare phase, he did not seem fond of dancing anymore.But, yesterday,he was enjoying dancing & his moves looked rehearsed & I think he has learnt it in school. He even taught me to wiggle my belly & jump while swaying side to side. When his Papa came home last night, Ansh did a full performance with a big smile on his face, soliciting his papa's approval. I had tears in my eyes.
Last year we had put Ansh into a dance class but he did not seem to enjoy it & we discontinued. Yesterday I asked him again if he would like to join a Dance Class & he said Yes. So I guess,I would try to put him into a dance class again.
6 years ago

13 comments:
Looks like "bheege honth tere" had been a tonic to get sleep for ansh :)
kids smtimes behave in funny manner which makes us laugh and surprised...
After reading ur posts, it looks as ansh is fond of music and dance both..send him for dance classes as this is best time to learn things..
Ur son ansh always make me remember ny nephew named "vansh"..
Quite an eclectic mix!
you GO Ansh!! :D i can imagine him putting up a whole performance!!
cheers!
abha
@ insane- thanks for the thumbs up regd dances classes. How old is Vansh?
@d- yes, :)
@mama-mia- oh, he was so sincere. :)
Anirudh's fav song these days is "Jee Karda" from Singh is King :)
In his daycare they have skating classes and dance classes. Although he is enrolled in skating classes, he goes in the dance class also and enjoys it to the hilt :)
@nm- Hey. I love that song too & so does Ansh.
Ani's daycare sounds like so much fun with skating & dancing. :)
I love that he enjoys music!
@ monika,ansh -- well vansh is 5 yrs old and can you believe that my sis name is also monika :)
that's so sweet. I can imagine your pleasure. I'll be writing a post on this topic for Rishab as well :)
@Cherie-yeah he has an ear for music. :)
@insane- Really? That's such a coincidence :)
@pg- I'll look forward to that post of yours
What a lovely post! I think I should make a list of my sons' favourites as well! Thanks for the inspiraton!!
yes monika its a kinda coincidence..initially i was more into name ansh and later i found that monika name is also common :)
@ Mamma mia! Me a mamma-Looking forward to your list.
@Insane.. blog rolled u
Post a Comment