Friday, September 19, 2008

Ek new look!

That is what I got yesterday. A completely unplanned new look.
While browsing through the newspapers , I suddenly chanced upon this coupon of 50% discount on haircuts. I am a sucker for discounts & this salon was just a 5 minute walk from my workplace & I was in bad need of a haircut.So off I trotted during my lunch hour to get a haircut. It was a nice salon & I was given a luxurious shampoo to start with & the rest I left to the hands of "Alam", the stylist. Looking at the horrendous quality of my hair, he wanted to chop of a lot of it & I agreed & I ended up looking completely different. So the long tresses were reduced to an above the shoulder bob type of cut. I feel so strange looking at the mirror now & I am always putting my fingers through the hair looking for my long hair. It's a funny kind of feeling. But, I am feeling good about it too. I don't remember having such short hair ever except when I was very young & cried like a baby when my mom insisted on a shorter style.
My hubby did not react at all in the evening. Guess he was trying to figure out whether I was the same person. My MIL kept her silence. Not very good signs. I could not help but ask hubby in the morning today & he says " The fact that I did not comment meant that you are looking nice. If you were looking bad , I would have surely let you know". Ok, I did not know whether to be happy about the style or sad about his attitude. But then, I decided to be happy & even though the salon styling has worn off today & I am looking like a peacock , I am feeling happy at looking different & am now trying to figure out ways to steal 10-15 minutes every morning to blow dry/ iron my new bob. The poor hair dryer would be happy to come out of it's packaging after 5 years. Yes, it was a marriage gift that I never used.

18 comments:

Monika said...

a makeover always feels good.... and dont bother these men u now they are like this only even my hubby says the same statement, i will get ready and toter around hoping he will say something but na and when i ask he will say oh ya u are looking good if there was something wrong i would have told u na.......

and BTW where's the pic???????????

Swati said...

where is the pic ???

Monika said...

@monika- they surely are from Mars a few years post marraige. I remember the compliments flowing before & immediately after marriage!

@swati- Will click & post. :)

Monika said...

agreed i think they are all like that

BTW i have something for u on my blog :)

PG said...

Now after reading your story I want to see the picture too! :)
Although I'm sure you look fabulous!
And about hubbys, yes, they are all the same. So, don't waste time getting sad about it.

4handfulls said...

Yes, post a photo!

I remember earlier this when when I cut a foot off of my hair it looked so sleek when I left the salon, and then has been poufy just about every day since. How do they make it look so nice?!

Monika said...

@PG- Aww, you are so sweet & u know what, only girl frineds can lift you up like that! :)

@Cherie- Yeah, I know what u mean. :(

D said...

A change is always good, ain't it?

Mystic Margarita said...

I bet you look lovely? Pics if possible? Btw, you are tagged!

Monika said...

@d-yeah :)

@mystic- i need girl friends like you . :) will check out the tag

Anonymous said...

kya hai?

Anonymous said...

Hope the new haircut made u feel Good and Young :)

Well change after some time is always good ..so Njoy being new U...

my space said...

change is the only constant thing in life...and shorter hair always manages to cut off a few years from one. :-) btw..everytime i get a haircut it looks sleek,trendy,chic...(all my adjectives for myself!!) but after a wash at home it is back to its bedraggled state!

Mama - Mia said...

photos!! we want photos!! :D

you know this time i got a haircut, even i cudnt notice a difference toh auron se kya expect karoon! :p

cheers!

abha

Indian Home Maker said...

When you want to know how you are looking, ask your woman friends :)
And nothing like a new hair cut to make you feel like taking care of yourself!
No picture?

Monika said...

@IHM- Yes, I had more women friends. They have been a scarce commodity since I left college.

@Abha- will post :)

@my space- ditto here. I have bad hair days ofetn & one of them is today.

@insane. thanks :)

Neera said...

arre wah ..sounds too cool :) Pictures??

Monika said...

@neera- see the pic in yesterday's post "Shubho Bijoya". :)