.....of calling a family a "joint family"
.......when you find at 9:30pm Mil's flat locked & u have no idea where she has gone & u were with her just 15 minutes back & she did not mention anything.
Later when you ask in the morning, you are told that they(MIL with her younger son & bahu) impromptu decided that they wanted to eat out.
Fine.
I've never had experience of living in a joint family but even my common sense tells me that this is not how it is supposed to be.
You would think that by now I should have become immune to these things.
But it still hurts.So much so that u r not able to sleep at night thinking about the whys & hows of the situation.
6 years ago

11 comments:
Dear one, it does hurt. As for the "why's" and "how's", unfortunately they don't have an answer.
But just read your own preious post and you'll realise that everything else is trifling and what you have is very blessed and real!
Hugs!
I know it would be easy to say 'ignore them'. But it hurts,so sometimes we have to live with it, and hope that one fine day everything will work out fine .
Of course it hurts! And why should it not? At time such as these, the joint family seems like a farce.
@M4- That is what I keep telling myself. But it still can't help u sleep at night.
@Lijy- It is very difficult to ignore coz u r emotionally involved.
@D- Oh it is a farce. I think of your post abt the disjoined family at these times
oh it does... and does hurt badly... sometimes it even feels that we are the only one who are emotional here the others are just there for the sake of it but then this is life and there is nothing but ignore that will work in this hypocrite model
and as M4 said read ur pre post and may be u'llforget all this
No answers and yes, I can understand the hurt. Hugs.
wish I could do something to comfort you, and it hurts for sure. People do things so thoughtlessly sometimes. I really hope things get better for you.
I know how bad it is having experienced it sometime myself. But then, I convinced myself saying they were not lucky enuf to have my gr8 company :P
my namesake is indeed my soul sistah! she said just what i wanted to say!
do you know my SiL treats the in-laws like dirt and still I get spoken about in same breath as her saying "Kam toh koi bhi nahi hai!"
now i just feel bad for MiL that she doesnt know my value! her loss dude! :)
so cheer up!
hugs
abha
TAGGED YOU
will cheer you up maybe?
@Monika- I think u r right. Only "ignore" will work
@Sue thanks
@PG- Just the fact that u all are here commenting gives so much comfort
@Swaram-Right!
@Mama -Mia I like ur attitude
Art- thanks:)
Post a Comment