Friday, January 2, 2009

Great Beginning!

We welcomed the new year in the Company of friends whom we love & cherish. 2008 has been a year where we've bonded really well with our group of friends & had a great time together.
We went to a restaurant called Kobe which is famous for it's sizzlers.
We finished our dinner just in time & met up with more friends at City Centre & chatted away while attending calls & wishing our loved ones over phone.
Yesterday we again dined out. This time we went to Kenilworth & I re-discovered it's gorgeous Indian food. The Kali Daal & Biryani there is to die for. With food, there were lovely gazals on request.
With such a good beginning to this year, I am sure we'll have a great year ahead.
I've never been into making resolutions, so I did not make any this time around too. However, there is one thing besides several others that I really wish to accomplish this year & that is to re-learn driving. I do not want to feel frustrated again & again at being at the mercy of a driver all the time. I've had a tough year in terms of family relationships & I know that things will not change on that front.I only want to be at peace with myself & my surroundings & with all the tough decisions that I've taken last year.
So here's to learning new skills & Peace.

Happy New Year :)

10 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

and you are looking gorgeous, woman!! :)

Cheers to lotsa love n happiness in your life!!

hugs

abha

Monika said...

@ Mama-Mia- Thanks. *taking a bow*. That's another thing I am working on- taking better care of myself. I had just "let go" after marriage.
:)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Here's wishing you a wonderful year ahead, dear. May you get the skills and peace of mind you seek and deserve.

4handfulls said...

Happy New Year Monika!!!

Monika said...

@M4&Cherie- Thanks :)

Monika said...

u look good... love the black top and happy new year to u too... may the happiness continue forever

WhatsInAName said...

You are looking fab :)

Wish you a very very Happy New Years and may you get all that you wish for and more :)

Monika said...

@Monika -Thanks

@WhatsInAName - Thankee. I am missing your posts.

D said...

How did I miss this post?!

You are looking lovely! And seems like you guys had a good time.

Monika said...

@D- Yes, but I would have swapped this for your party any time..........lol.