Monday, January 19, 2009

Sports

Yesterday was Ansh's Sports Day. For the tiny tots of Pre School-1 & 2, the event was in the form of a fancy dress race. The classes were divided into groups of 5 or 6 with a theme of a story/fairy tale. Ansh's group was "Puss in Boots". The group had on a brown tracksuit(Ansh's coulor was different from the others. The shop messed up)& a cat head gear which was so uncomfortable that the teachers decided to remove it before the race. Each group had a prop which they had to run & pass to a team member & the final members had to run with the prop to the finish line. The kiddos were looking so cute all dressed up in pretty colours. You can see the Thumbelines dressed up sitting next to Ansh.

I was just remembering this post of nm as I saw all the parents rushing forward to cheer the kids when the race started without a care for the parents who were sitting behind. No amount of announcements over the microphone got them to take their seats. What lessons in discipline are we giving to the kiddos?

Ansh relaxed after his event was over with Snowhite. I still cannot get over how cute all the little ones looked.

We left after Ansh's class was dispersed. I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It brought back so many memories of my school. I was the head girl & lead the march past in my last year of school. When I saw the contingents marching past smartly, I had a lump in my throat remembering my school days.
Ansh later said that he was sad that his team did not win. I gave him a lecture on how important it is to participate & I hope he understood. I so hope that my baby develops a keen interest in sports. It is a great learning ground.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

With a mom like you, I'm sure Ansh will imbibe all the values of team spirit and good sportsmanship!

The kids were looking so cute!

Mama - Mia said...

:)

such a lovely day it must have been!

Monika said...

awww... its must feel so good to see ur little ones in a sports day...

ur heart must be so full of pride

Monika said...

@M4-Aww....thanks.

@Mama-Mia- Oh, it sure was.

@Monika- Yes, I almost cried.

~nm said...

I can truly imagine your happiness and nostalgic feelings at their sports day :)

~nm said...

And I just noticed, yahan to 'M' ki monopoly ho rahi hai!!

Monika said...

@nm- yeah u'll know since anirudh had his sports recently. :)

Monika said...

@nm- lol abt M monopoly. But n's are most welcome :)