Monday, August 31, 2009

shopping crazy weekend

It was a shopping crazy weekend.

Saturday- I & Ansh trotted off to South City Mall. While I did get my coveted maternity trouser & that too at a 50% discount from Mothercare in Shopper's Stop,(Believe me , it's so comfy that I am going to spend the rest of my pregnancy in it) I had a huge headache pulling my boy away from the display windows of each toy shop in the mall. I had promised him one item & he chose a pack of Funskool Clay which I promptly bought him before he changed his mind. But he did change his mind later and wanted to barter it for Ben 10 toys & Hot Wheels. I did melt a little & bought him a couple of stickers but Phew.......Lesson learnt- never take sonny boy along with you for shopping until hubby dear accompanies you & never let him have ice-cream in a running car unless you are carrying wipes & a fresh set of clothes!!

Sunday- I am majorly into the nesting phase. Can't seem to relax & cozy up with a book or a fav TV show. I've been a busy bee around the house & this past week has been especially good for my house. I've cleaned out most of the cupboards including the bathroom cabinet & Sunday I spent airing out all our shoes & organising the shoe rack. In the process I gave away half a dozen pairs which is a big achievement from a hoarder like me. Thankfully the evening came to my rescue & our friends called us to accompany them to the Forum Mall. They know I can never resist shopping. I only bought a bed sheet for Ansh's room - a Power Ranger one , which I'll take out in Diwali. We then went chaat-eating on Russel Street accompanied by a quick bite at Dominos as my husband had been craving Pizzas for a while. & it's me who is supposed to be having cravings here. Nothing is going right here!!We ended up at the dhaba for Chai , (which is one beverage that I don't like in the "dhaba form" with loads of milk & malai) which I skipped. Ansh was his same whiny self at the Mall. But once we were out, he had a good time , especially sitting atop the car at the Dhaba with Pari.

8 comments:

Swaram said...

1st :P

Swaram said...

Wow! Sounds like total fun eh ;)

So, u got those trousers woh bhi 50% off - lucky U ;)

U gave away so many pairs of footwear :P Che! I missed ;)

Chats, dominos Yum :P I so want to hv something nw ;) ;)

Mama - Mia said...

yeah! mothercare maternity pants are awesome! i did live in them and another pair of jeans m had got me!

and even me had got in 50% off! yyayy!

and it all sounds fun!!

cheers!

abha

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Told you!! See, now you've got yourself a pair of super cool preg pants. And girls, baby wipes in handbag -- that's a cardinal rule!

And what a food fest, I must say! Have you tried the pizzas at 'Fire and Ice'? Divine is the word that springs to mind!

Shopping mixed with a generous helping of friends -- my favourite weekend recipe!

Meira said...

oh good you found them pants! But your weekends are all so much fun...I'm so happy for you :)

Monika said...

@Swaram- You come darling & we'll buy a whole new wardrobbe of slippers for both of us.

@Mama-Mia-Nothing like a good discount.

@M4- Fire & Ice is our fav restaurant. :)

@Meira- Oh yes, & I have them on since yesterday

Monika said...

mothercare stuff is so amazing pretty and comfy

Monika said...

@Monika- Yeah. I was so happy to get one.