Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Funday Sunday!!

Sunday was my friend Shruti's birthday & we went to this lovely restaurant called Zaranj. I went here only the second time. I don't even remember the first time. I think it was with my parents when I was in college.
I was really impressed with the decor & ambiance. It is a spacious restaurant with mostly Thai artifacts. These are some of the ones that really impressed me.
Storage vats

Inverted umbrellas on the ceiling

Thai statuettes

The food was good too. We opted for Indian cuisine with Kebabs for starters & Kashmiri Biryani , Nan & Kali Dal for main course .
The kids had a great time too. Ansh was particularly impressed with this small fountain.
There is nothing like good food & great company to end a weekend & start a new week.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Swaram said...

Wow! What fun! We hd friends over for lunch during the weekend too n never knew when all that time flew away!

Lovely ambience that one!

Meira said...

yup..place looks good :)
and Ansh got a new friend too?
We went to this awesome Mediterranean joint on sunday, had some authentic thin crust pizzas! Swell!

Monika said...

@Swaram- That's great Swaram. Waiting for your Part-3 :)

@Meira- Wow , I love pizzas!!

Meira said...

This is a place called Frescos. Thin crust pizzas and pasta and spaghetti n oooooo the buffet was drool-worthy :D.
I'm a fan now :)

Monika said...

@Meira- does it have a branch in kolkata? plssssss say yessss

Monika said...

wow sounds like a wow place, namesake I am taking a note of all these places and if god wishes I might be there for 2 days in sometime and then I will make u take me everywhere :D

and Meira, where is that? drool drool drool some more the only pizzas I like these days are either home made or those nice thin crusts one

Monika said...

and meira does that have a branch in blore too???

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

"There is nothing like good food & great company to end a weekend & start a new week." -- I heartily agree!

And you are just glowing! Really, you look lovely!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

"There is nothing like good food & great company to end a weekend & start a new week." -- I heartily agree!

And you are just glowing! Really, you look lovely!

Monika said...

@Monika- Really? What fun if u come here. We'll have a blast!!

@M4- Thanks M4. Get me down to earth, I am flying :)

Mama - Mia said...

looks like a totally fun day!! :)

cheers!

Monika said...

@Mama-Mia- Oh , it was :)