Saturday, August 1, 2009

When did we grow up?

FIL had an angiogram done & there are 2 major blockages in his LAD artery. When we took him in for the tests, we least expected that anything will come out of them . We just did them for reassurance that everything was fine. I think he himself would not have expected what happened.
So now, we need to get an angioplasty done to put a stent or go for an open-heart. The decision is on us. The doctors have given us both options.
Never wanted to grow up so fast. From being kids still who always look upto parents for support & decisions, it's falling on us now to take such major decisions. It's so sudden & scary. We all are trying to be strong but I am terribly nervous & I know that I have to be the pillar of strength for my FIL as well as hubby.
My heart feels so full at this point in time. Full of grief & love. Love for a father who means so much. A father who has always supported me in every way that he could. A father who makes me feel like a daughter in the house & not a daughter-in-law. He does no express his love in words but his actions speak more than words.
Also, love for my hubby who I know is going through twice the grief that I feel now, who I want to protect & shield like a mother.
I also know that everything will be fine & we'll come out of this with smiling faces & happy hearts.

9 comments:

Swaram said...

Hugs Monika. It will all be fine and ur FIL will be back to normal soon enuf.
U r so lucky to have such a nice bond with the FIL. May it remain so forever.
Good luck n God bless!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Aww Monika!! My heart goes out to you and your family!

Prayers that you all come out of this ordeal stronger.

Hugs to you my dear. And call me if you need an ear.

Emaan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monika said...

@Swaram-Thanks Swaram.

@M4-Thanks for the prayers.

D said...

I can understand your emotions Monika. My dad has been through similar stuff when we were still in school. He went through an angioplasty in 1996 and since then there's been no problem. Am sure everything will work out fine. Take heart.

Monika said...

@D- sorry to hear abt your dad but glad that he is fine now. I am sure FIL will be fine too :)

Monika said...

oops hugs to u read this post now only

he will be fine soon dear dont worry

workhard said...

Hey Monika

Dont worry.. He will pull through..

My well wishes and regards

My dad too had an open heart-3 bypass surgery..
So i know how traumatizing it could be for the family members..


Work from home

Monika said...

@workhard-He is much better now. Thanks. Sorry ur dad to had to go thru this