Monday, August 17, 2009

Buddha Belly!

I've been trying to get into the last bit of the loosest trousers/ skirts I have. Not very successfully though. Thank God for the Indian Salwar,Kameez & Sarees. It still accommodates my overgrown belly, though I long for a nice pair of maternity trousers. No luck yet.

Tried Westside, Pantaloons & Shopper's Stop. Only Westside had a maternity section & the trousers had elephant legs. Someone explain to these guys that the rest of the body does not grow proportionately to the belly. The worst experience was at Pantaloons where a mention of Maternity Wear had people sending me off to either the "Kids section" or the "Lingerie section". I gave a mouthful to the store manager before rushing out of that store!!My quest continues.

Weekend Update: Had a nice long weekend . Watched "Kaminey" & liked it. Went to the mall for some grocery shopping & video gaming for sonny boy with a Happy Meal thrown in. Got an office party today.
So life has been as normal as it gets here.

15 comments:

Swaram said...

First :P

Swaram said...

U r hvng some fun there! Kaminey,happy meal, shopping Wow!
Hope u get those trousers soon ;)

LOL @ sending to the lingerie section ! Crazy na :P

Monika said...

@Swaram- Yeah imagine. Don't they know that exotic lingerie is the last thing we need at this time!! Jale par namak!

Mama - Mia said...

you didnt find anything in Mothercare section at shoppers? they have some nice stuff!

and here's a link i found that talks about maternity stores in cal! dunno if they exist or are nay good tho!

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060419/asp/calcutta/story_6106622.asp

happy shopping!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Mama-Mia- Went to 2 Shopper's Stop sores & they do not have Mothercare there. :(
Thanks for looking up the article. "Ankur Agarwal, proprietor of Please Mom, a baby store at City Centre". This is our shop, can u imagine? & this Ankur Agarwal is my BIL & they don't have a thing!
Anyways, my SIL in Delhi is on the lookout for something & hopefully I should be have something soon :)

artnavy said...

i was about to suggest mothercare but i see u have been there- done that

Meira said...

Lingerie section. They should be thwacked! We have these stores here that sell clothes in extra large sizes. Friends have got trousers that fit them during pregnancy.

Monika said...

@Art- Oh yes.

@Meira-Okie.But now SIL is solving my problems by seniding stuff from Delhi

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hahaha! LOL @ "the rest of the body does not grow proportionately to the belly"...truer words were never written! :D

Try out Sopper's Stop again for their MotherCare section. They usually have nice stuff.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Looks like my Namesake offered you the same advice! More in common than our blog names, I see :)

Monika said...

i ws just about to shout mothercare when i saw ur reply to Mama - mia, try some other outlet in col may be... even in delhi not all shoppers stop have mother care

or may be a hepper baby store like apple of my i

we have a lot of small boutique shop for maternity wear in blore like Studio Mom, Step 9 dont u have any such there?

Monika said...

@Monika-One Shopper's Stop store is yet to be explored. Guess I'll pay a visit soon :)

@M4-I'll try the South City one. I've already checked out Form & City Centre ones.

Iya said...

hey, bangalore has these to be mom stores where u get maternity gears. arent there some in Kol?

Monika said...

@Iya- Maybe there are but I am not aware of them.

Mama - Mia said...

yes namesake!! :) souls sistah!

monika - you can even try fab india. tho they dont have trousers! but nice tie up tops and cut offs! :)