Monday, November 24, 2008

Yuvvraaj Review

After the "Yaadein" debacle, I was really hoping that Subhash Ghai will come up with something like "Pardes" or a "Taal" at least. But no, Yuvvraaj was only slightly better than Yaadein.

What did not work for me in Yuvvraaj:

-The plot- Too outdated & unreal

-The obviously ageing Salman with funny hair & funnier expressions. Even in the bedroom scene with Katrina , he looked bloated & repulsive.

-Kat/Salman chemistry- I did not find even the "C" of chemistry between them . I missed Akshay Kumar.

-The movie Length- Too long. I was stifling Yawns

-The choreography- Too amateurist. The Salman Khan flying scene takes the cake.

-The songs- Too many, too irrelevan,too long

What worked for me:

-Katrina's beauty

- Awesome locales.

-Anil Kapoor's acting.

Verdict: One can easily skip this movie!

6 comments:

Monika said...

ya i have been hearing a lot abt anil's acting in the movie... he is my all time fav and i am tempted to see the movie for his sake... is it really bad? please say no :)

Mama - Mia said...

woohoo!

thank god i got dostana tickets yesterday and had a rollicking time watching that!! :)

next movie hope to watch is Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye! makers of Khosla ka Ghosla and my fav Abhay Deol acts in it! :)

too bad you had to get so bored! and isnt Anil kapoor one of the underrated actors of Bollywood?!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Monika- My husband liked the movie. So there u are! :)

@Mama-Mia- Sure he is. (Anil Kapoor )

D said...

It's an AWFUL movie. Why did Subhash Ghai even bother making it?

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

All the reviews have been giving this movie a stinker. I think I'll give this one a miss. Thanks for the warning!

Monika said...

@D & M4- Yet I cannot believe how the husband could like the movie!