On Saturday , the 22nd was my Boss's daughter's wedding. So dressed in my best saree & dragging my 2 men , I made it just in time to show my support. But I don't know what came over Ansh that particular day. He was super hyper & just would not be still for a moment. Did not help that it was a small wedding with no other kids around. He ran into the Sarees & dhotis of people, admired the flowers & in the process pulled out a few even before the Baraat arrived, spilled water on the floor & played hide & seek with me. I could feel the smouldering eyes of the gathering on me. Did not help that most of the people in the gathering had the kids in college & had probably forgotten that even a well raised toddler can go completely insane sometimes. Of course the fact that we had to attend,albeit for a short while, another wedding (Suman bua's daughter's)on the way to this particular wedding , got Ansh all tired & worked up I guess. I was glad when it was time to go.
So on Monday I made sure that I did not take Ansh along to the reception. It did not help that the in-laws were in Bangalore attending another wedding. But we managed somehow by requesting Abhi's Uncle & aunty.
The previous evening,(Sunady) was Abhi's friend Devanand's brother's daughter's 40 day function. Thankfully that was a kid friendly party & Ansh had a blast running around. On two occasions he ran away from us & then cried when he could not find his way back to us. I felt so bad.
We have several more marriages & events to attend this season but I am glad none of them needs the kind of formality that this wedding did.

4 comments:
My son hated parties unless there were other kids around. It does sound like a punishment for a little boy. When he was really young (till three years of age)- many times I rushed out of even his own friends birthday parties because he hated crowds.
He is very social now, loves both crowds and noises :))
oh forget abt people's glances as u said they have just forgotten their grown ups now were kids too and who knows nasty ones too ;-)
@IHM- It's the opposite here. Ansh loves parties. In fact now, he has started enjoying the food at the parties too.* touch wood*
@ Monika- Yes true. & my kid wsa just being himself, just a more hyper version.
:)
angels at one moment, devils the other! thats our kids!
enjoy the wedding season! :)
cheers!
abha
Post a Comment