Monday, November 10, 2008

Gulity?

I am on a pampering spree & it's myself that I have been pampering. My brother was here last week & I got my Tika & Rakhi money & then one of Abhi's buas gave me "Muh-Dikhaii" after 5 years of my marriage which will take a whole post to explain. So armed with all this "special" money I took my mom's advice & pampered myself. Usually all this lena-dena money gets mixed up & exhausted in the home.
So Saturday after office I went to this designer's boutique . Why, I chose this designer? Oh well, for those like my husband who know me well will tell you that I do not buy anything without a discount. So a 50% discount was running. I was not too impressed coz there were only 2 garments that I liked in the whole store & I liked them enough to buy both. I had not planned on that but did not want to let go of either. It felt great but also somewhere I was feeling extremely guilty. So I came home & hid the bounty in the cupboard. The whole Saturday evening I did not mention anything about this to hubby dear. On Sunday I could not resist & showed off my purchases. He liked one & did not like the other, but that's OK.
The whole point is that I feel guilty about spending on myself. It is so very silly coz I know I can afford these things.
I guess I try to trick myself into buying on discounts to reduce the guilt levels.

9 comments:

Monika said...

hey comeon... its ok to pamper urself like this once in a while... actually i do this all the time and dont even feel guilty bad me i say :(

Mama - Mia said...

why feel guilty??

you work hard to make the money! so enjoy it every now and then!!

so when are you wearing the new clothes and putting up pics??

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@monika- you are lucky not to feel guilty :)

@mama-mia- lol....that's another thing. Putting off wearing new clothes. I am a total whacko!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

I understand your feelings because I'm the same...

And yes, I shop at discounts too. In fact I don't shop, I go beserk.

Monika said...

@M4- You are my knight in shining armour.....lol.You rescued me coz I had started thinking that I am the only one who feels like this!

D said...

Now you're making me feel guilty - I shop unnecessarily all the time. But hey, there are some perks that come with being a woman. Just imagine what you'd go shopping for if you were a man! I mean, their shopping range is so limited. So celebrate your womanhood - go shop some more ;)

Monika said...

@D-Love your attitude. Got to cultivate it myself. :)

Neera said...

Waiting for pictures :)

I feel guilty too ..cannot understand why?! But I too am a 'SALE' freak :)

Did I say I was wtng for pics :)

Monika said...

@Neera- :) will share