It has been expressed by several bloggers that every "relation" is different & should be accepted the way in is supposed to be.
A MIL can never be a mother & a DIL can never be a daughter.
But one day when this truth comes crashing down on you by one incident, you feel betrayed & hurt in a way that you cannot stop the tears from rolling down. The lump that you feel in the throat refuses to go. Maybe in hindsight the incident will seem absolutely insignificant to the rush of feelings that develop inside you .At that moment a part of you just dies. A part you that is trying since 6 years to accept & find acceptance.
6 years ago

9 comments:
I stopped seeking acceptance a long time ago. Yet, it hurts to not be part of the family you have to call yours. That's our story and the farce of a joint family.
Hugs sweetheart. I know exactly how you feel. And yet we hope, we try...
Accepting this simple truth will make life easier.
:( Monika!
Lifes like that.I can understand your feelings. But I guess in every relation, one person always gives more than the other.
In anycase, try to accept it. When we have no expectations, life seems much easier!
Hugs :) and please smile!
its no use... no use seekinh acceptance and killing oneself everyday... trust me if it has to come it comes pretty soon else it never does... very sad but very true
but still i know and i understand the feeling inspite of everything one does seek it
hugs to u, hope u are feeling better now
@D- Yes D, especially when u live together & have to keep bailing them out.
@M4- Yes, I still hope that things will change.Thanks for your kind gesture the other day.:)
@WhatsInaName- You are so right. If only we could practice that. I ma alright now. Thanks :)
@Monika- The problem here is that things were OK till a "SIL" entered the family. :(
hugs to you Monika! :)
and you cannot please everyone! bhagwaan ne do kaan diye hai naah?! use karo!
iss kaan so suno, doosre se nikal do!
as for SILs, you know even if you are better one, both of you will eventually be treated the same. people love playing people against each other. best is not to fall in to the trap and keep being the good person you are! :)
this too shall pass!
cheers!
abha
Mama Mia- That's what I have been trying to do. Use my ears...lol.
Regd SILs, well, the less said the better.
There are 2 theories-
Either the MILs strategises to play on the Divide & Rule policy & when they succeed they finds their own homes broken.
or
The SIL tries the "chaplusi" route with MIL & severes the otherwise decent MIL-SIL relationship. Again, leads to a broken home which is what she perhaps wants.
Complicated & as you said no use burning the night lamp over these issues.
Oh well..what can I say. My MIL is very sweet at times and totally opposite the other times.
I hope things are better and you are not stressing on this bit anymore.
@nm- I 've got immune to this now. (I hope)
Post a Comment