The Calcutta Times had the following question in "The Tip" section today:
How to get a glamorous makeover?
> Instead of 3 inexpensive dresses, invest in 1 high quality dress & wear it often
(What do I do with the 120 odd pieces that I have in my cupboard which are unspoilt & I do not have the heart to give them away)
> Be consistent . Wear fashionable clothes all the time. Don't wear the fashionable skirt one day & the ragged shapeless jeans the other day.
(What if I cannot differentiate)
>Find your qualities & show them off.
(That needs a lot of thought)
> Look your best when going out. Take care of your skin,hair,teeth. Try wearing designer stuff
(Designed stuff???become glamorous & go bankrupt!! But wait, we can always catch the "sales" in designer studios.Hmm....must make note of that)
6 years ago

8 comments:
If you have only one expensive dress worth wearing and if you must look fashionable all the time, won't you end up wearing the same dress all the time? That's not glam!!!
LOL at your comments! These fashionistas! What are they thinking? This one in particular seems to be suffering from the Marie Antoinette syndrome..."If they don't have a Carrie Bradshaw-like closet, let them have one Ritu Kumar sari!!"
@D- lol......:)
@M4- Seriously, what are they thinking!!
lol!!!! what do i say to 120 dresses in the wardrobe :) just ignore these guys he he
you have 120 dresses in the wardrobe?
I have to clear up mine, as i was fitting into anyone of them post delivery :(
Anyways forget about those fashion advisers. Just be happy and enjoy what you wear..
@monika & Lijy - Oh I have this major probelm of hoardig stuff. I still have many of my outfits from my college days!! Most of them are waiting for a day when I can fit into them.........lol.
120 eh??!! i used to be a hoarder too. now i am pretty heartless! i just give away stuff after a certain period of time!!
if i do fit on smaller lothes later, i might as well buy new ones rather than wear puraana stuff! :p
so go! spring clean your wardrobe!!
i love to look at clothes under "thrift" in fashion magazines. they still cost more than my total budget! hehe!!
cheers!
abha
@Abha- this 120 includes my sari collection from marriage which i hardly wear. there are sarees that i have worn just once in these 5 years. I must be having 30-40 of them . What a waste I say!!!
Post a Comment