Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Uttoron"

Saturday the 23rd saw Ansh's school transform into a Mini-Bengal. The school was celebrating it's 13th Founder's Day & the theme was "Uttoron" meaning"Rise". The celebrations started from 10am with a lovely exhibition where the entire school demonstrated different aspect of Bengal , followed by a cultural program
Little children put up dance performances

There were scenes depicting the lifestyles of Bengal

The whole state was done up in a Rangoli form

The art of Bengal done by students was displayed

The textiles of Bengal were displayed.

I was extremely impressed. While the teachers were acting as facilitators, it was the students managing the entire show with live commentary, guiding the parents, giving information. I could picture my little one as one of them in a few years & felt all mushy inside.

8 comments:

Monika said...

thats so sweet... I love to attend such functions they kind of introduce the kids to the culture that we have in general left so behind us

Spontaneous Mini said...

I like schools that take serious interest in extra curriculars.

Monika said...

@Monika- Yes, & i was reminded of my school days

@spontaneous Mini- Welcome :)

Mama - Mia said...

wow!!! its looks totally beautiful!

one can see the hardwork put in by people!! very very niice!

the blog will be here to record Ansh's foray in to this, isnt it?! :D

cheers!

abha

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Sounds absolutely delightful! The pics capture it too, but I'm sure the actual experience was something else all together!

Monika said...

@mama-mia- I am sure the blog is here to stay :)

@M4-Yes, it sure was lovely :)

Cuckoo said...

That's so lovely. I think the only way kids would enjoy and appreciate the culture of their homeland is if they do-it-themselves.

Monika said...

@Cuckoo- Yes, & now I am waiting for Ansh to grow up so that he can particiapte in such activities