Ansh: जब सबके Mummy-Papa old हो जाते हैं तोह वह मर क्यों जाते हैं?
Mumma- क्योंकि भगवानजी उनको अपने पास बुला लेते हैं
Ansh- लेकिन भगवानजी के पास तो पहले से इतने लोग हैं, तोह वह सबके Mummy Papa को क्यों बुला लेते हैं?
Mumma- क्योंकि वह उन्से बहुत प्यार करते हैं
Mumma desperately changes the topic.
Do these questions come so early in life? I was not prepared at all. I do not know how these thoughts came to Ansh's mind. But then, death is all around us, in fairy tales, on TV. We cannot keep a child shielded away for too long.

16 comments:
These qs r always so difficult to be answered na :( We don't know the answers to so many ourselves.
May be u can tell him to be born elsewhere and enjoy life in another place :P
Sheesh! That wont be gud na ;) Someday he is feeling low, kids might say another life wud be better. Baap re! Its so difficult to find answers to their qs!
I don't know... It is a tough question. I read somewhere that all kids are scared that their parents might not b with them someday. n we don't need to tell them the truth saying all will die. Instead its better to say mommy pappa will be with u always. i really don't know what i wopuld have said. :(
@Swaram & MM -I am just hoping he forgets about this till I can think up & know what's best. But I do feel strongly that we need to be honest with the kids and also give them an explanation that they can digest at their tender age.
aww..not sure how to handle these questions , as of now i keep him away from death realted stuff on tv and in stories too ..but yeah it cannot be for long
@Swati- I think it's best to be prepared.
Gosh thats tough isnt it! I wonder how I will respond to it..???
@R's Mom- Yeah, that sure was tough.
I agree with u Monika. Its better to give them an honest reply...but sheesh...its really important to explain in such a way so as not to hurt / scare them. Have u ever thought how our parents would have managed these questions back then?
@Sandhya- I really don't know. I think I'll ask mom about it.
Monika,good work.Its nice to see you all mommies writing and getting to know each other.even i a amom who has a4 year old one.will visit you.this was just a chance visit to your blog.follow you.
@Lakshmi- Thanks :) Hope to see u around.
Very difficult questions...
I told my kids that they are reborn like Swaram suggested, or that they become a star and watch us and if we are happy, they smile and twinkle.
When my dad died my five year old nephew said things like, "When I turn my head and look this side, I feel Dada will there!"
Nobody knew how to distract him...
@IHM-I have decided that as long as Ansh knows that people can also be happy after they die and are there with God, he would feel more comfortable. I also liked the "star" idea. I'll use that with Ansh
These questions always catch us unawares because we are never prepared for them...just like questions about the birds and the bees.
You did good. I try to answer as quickly as possible and look for an exit route even more quickly than possible!
@m4- u r just like me :)
Post a Comment