Today I went for my ultrasound accompanied by hubby & Ansh. It was a "no-experience" for me as the doctor did not let me see the screen at all. But that's OK, coz the baby is in good shape.....almost 2 kgs now & that's what matters.
Ansh wanted to know whether it's a boy or a girl & the doc responded by saying that he'll have to wait for another 2 months to find that out. I so wish I could know right away. Not that it matters too much as long as the baby is healthy. But my heart craves a daughter this time. I don't know whether I should take into account the fact that the doctor was referring to the baby as "he". I was so tempted to ask, but I know it would have made the doctor uncomfortable & us as responsible citizens have to recognise the larger problem at hand for which the law against revealing the sex of the baby has been formulated.
The baby is head down , though not yet in a stable position. The doc feels it might be a good 10 days early....so his date is 12th Jan opposed to 23rd Jan as per my LMP. I am in no hurry. I want the baby to stay put & grow healthier.Though in every weekly newsletter, I eagerly look for the part where it tells me how the baby born at this stage would fare. This fear never leaves me. I am not at all feeling as heavy as last time & am still able to do all the things on my own, especially since I have put on only about 6 kgs of weight in total this time around.It's almost half of what I had put on during Ansh's time.
My blood work has to be done tomorrow. So probably I'll visit the Gynae only on Monday.
Meanwhile I am busy preparing for the upcoming wedding of Abhi's cousin sister in Delhi in Dec second week. The Gynae has given the go-ahead for travel provided I take things slow & do not exert myself.
6 years ago

9 comments:
31 weeks!!?? Already? I t seems just like couple of weeks ago when you told us you are pregnant..seriously..I'm so zapped.
BTW, what is a good time to talk to you. I just realised I haven't spoken to you even once since I took your number years ago :P
take care and stay well
but why didnt they allow u to see?
was ansh excited? and yeah i tried to ask my doc too but they just wouldnt budge :(
and i have a gut feeling that a daughter is what u are going to have... a cute niece for me :D :D :D
take care and hugs
@nm- Yes, how time flies. IT seems like juts yesterday when we were in 2 minds about having a second one.
Lol...yeah, we haven't spoken & we've known each other for a good 6 years now :). Anytime is a good time nm :)
@art-thanks
@Monika-I don't know. I guess he did not want me to peer lest I know the sex of the baby. .sigh!
Ansh was very happy & said the baby is lying upside down("ulti leti hai").
Aww hugs girl :) Glad allz well :)
I go with Monu, I hd told u too remember abt my gut feeling :P
ulti leti hai - he said that :) So sweet :) He must be so excited na :)
Hey good to know your Ultrasound went well..actually when I was pregs with R...during the second ultrasound...its slipped from the radiologist's mouth as 'she is doing....' and then she tried to cover up 'errr....i mean she or he...' hehehehe :) I somehow, knew I was having a girl and was so thrilled about it :)
wow ..all the best
~nm is right - time flies! But am so glad to hear you're keeping well. Enjoy your pregnancy!
@Swaram- Thanks & yes, Ansh is super excited. :)
@R's Mom- Of that's great. I really have my doubts though abt this doc slipping out "he"
@Swati & D- Thanks girls :)
Post a Comment