Wednesday, November 25, 2009

These well meaning relatives!!

"Your baby comes first"

"Why are u taking the risk?"

"If anything happens you are going to regret lifelong"

How can u stop the above? It was the same stuff when I decided to go to London last month. It's the same thing when I plan to go to Delhi in a week's time. When my doctor is comfortable , what's the problem with others? Why can't they keep their silly mouths shut?They may mean good but do they realise how much tensions they give me.

I plan to work till the end & why not. I get just 3 months maternity leave & I want to utilise it totally after my delivery. When I am ready to deal with all the pains & aches myself, with my husband supporting me whole-heartedly, what is the problem of these well meaning relatives & friends?

I am pregnant, not sick. My baby is more precious to me than to any of these relatives.I am taking informed decisions here. Being pregnant does not mean that one stops living, is it?

14 comments:

Swaram said...

Hugs dear! Kuch to log kahenge .. logon ka kaam hai kehna :)

I already get to hear such things that we have not planned a baby bcoz my career interests me more :) Just lend a deaf ear and move on .. I know its easier said than done, but what else can we do ;) Probably ask them to shut up :P

Monika said...

hugs monika.....

if u are doc is ok with it dont bother about anyone at all

just ignore its hard but thats the only solution dear...

Sandhya said...

Oh dont u worry Monika! Just follow ur instincts and the docs advice. Wonder why some people consider pregnancy as a sickness and impose so much of restrictions. I enjoyed my pregnancy to the end because I kept myself active inspite of having some health issues. Of course, I followed the docs advice and stopped work when she asked me to and that was just 5 days before my delivery! Keep going girl!

R's Mom said...

Hey...dont get so worked up..let it be...infact when I was pregs with R..I was travelling in the Mumbai locals till the last day..nothing happened..except..err...R loves rocking movements and goes to sleep like that and my dad blames my train travels for that :)..baki nothing else!!! You just take care of yourself and enjoy running around...!

Ajay said...

Relax! Don't get tense.. There is no point geting anxious. Just follow your heart and doctor's advice

Swati said...

hugs dear

starry eyed said...

Gah! Pregnancy is not a sickness...and maybe your kids will actually see how you like life and its living! But I can sympathise...pregnancy and mommyhood bring on enough tension and worry and guilt, tell these relatives to go take a walk!

Monika said...

@Swaram- U r so right.
@Monika-Oh, I need the hugs :)
@Sandhya-Yes Sandhya, I always follow my instincts & that's why get into such situations....lol.
@R's Mom-I am fine. Venting helps :)
@Ajay- Yes
@Swati-Thanks
@Starry eyed-Thanks

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Awww, hugs to you my dear!

Just keep reminding yourself that they mean well :-) That'll help you keep your sanity.

Monika said...

@M4- Yes, u r so right

PG said...

I want to sing this song from Bobby McFerrin which you know for sure: "Dont worry...(koo kookuk..koo kookuk)...be happy!.... Dont't worry, be happy".
Do, what you think is right. Take it easy with the comments. :-)

Monika said...

@PG- Righto :)

Haddock said...

This reminds me of Olan from the book Good Earth by Pearl S Buck

Anonymous said...

Seriously! i know what you mean. My husband wants to plan a holiday and I am worried about how to present it to my relatives...worried about all the comments they are going to say! :S