I took a day off yesterday for Eid. We have optional holidays for festivals & we can pick 3 out 7. This was the 3rd for me & the last for the year & I did not want to miss out. It was a day well spent in finishing off what I started in October-The Diwali Safai......So what started with one festival ultimately ended with another. I had left my Kitchen area & loft untouched coz it would have required an entire day's work. The Kitchen in my flat is not actually a kitchen but a small pantry which was being used more as a store-room rather than a pantry. The sole reason it was called a pantry in coz it housed my microwave which I used a few times a week to make Maggie or boil an egg.Besides the oven,iIt housed our Christmas decorations, Ansh's high chair & pram & my MIL's old utensils & other stuff which she insisted cannot be kept in the loft because she needs it now & then and has not been touched for 3 years now. So out came all of this stuff & in went all the food items which were occupying valuable shelf space in the bedroom. Also, we emptied the loft which unraveled many treasures. The most exciting things were Ansh's old toys which he loved seeing again spent the entire afternoon playing with. Out also came all my old clothes which I had been hoarding for no reason at all. These were clothes I had packed off during my pregnancy coz I could not get into them & though now I can get into them but they are not wearable any more coz the kameez lengths are either touching the floor or are well above the knees. I guess getting them altered would cost more than what they are worth. I still recovered one bag of clothes from the heap which I just could not part with & I plan to get them altered. Phew! I was physically & mentally tired after the entire day of safai but it was worth every ounce of energy spent! I have a sparkling pantry now & it's time that I learn a little bit of cooking !!
Then the evening was spent partying. Started with a 40 day baby function in the family & rushed to Giri's anniversary party at Tangerine.

7 comments:
Looks like the festivities of the season are on in full swing!
" 'Tis the season to be jolly! "
Phew! I feel so exhausted just reading all that... must be quite a day!
@M4- Yes, I absolutely adore this season :)
@D- Oh yes, it was!
phew!!! u seem to be on a cleaning spree... though i hate doing these but u eventually have to do it :(
Yes Monika & to find the time & inclination for this kind of work is too hard to come by
wow!! hats off to you for managing all that saaf safai! should inspire my lazy ass too! :p
cheers!
abha
@Mama-Mia- It was long overdue!
Post a Comment