Thursday, December 11, 2008

Late Night Movies

I caught 3 movies on DVD during the last week.

EMI- Light hearted but showing the reality of today's times. Boring in parts. I was happy to have the remote to forward parts.

Welcome to Sajjanpur- Really enjoyed this one.Very simple with interesting characters. The songs break the flow though. The remote came in handy.

Brokeback Mountain- A serious movie about gay relationships. Very touching & thought provoking. I could not get it out of my head for long after I had finished seeing it. It's a landmark film & a must-watch.

6 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Didn't like EMI. Yes, it had its moments, but very few and far-between.

Sajjanpur was a good one. But then, when did Shyam Benegal ever disappoint?

Brokeback Mountain was very intense. I was actually horrified to see Anne Hathaway hanging lose and free in the movie, more than anything else. I even wrote a post about it sometime back...
http://mammamiameamamma.blogspot.com/2008/08/argh-my-eyes-my-eyes.html

Artnavy said...

must agree on all counts except that I loved thr sajjanpur songs

~nm said...

Wah wah! Hat trick!!

I wonder how you manage to stay up to watch movies! I always tend to doze off by 10:30 pm :P

Monika said...

movies... i have missed so many in the past... the list is just growing and growing... dont know when i will be able to watch one sob sob :)

Mama - Mia said...

have seen brokeback mountain and none of the others! wanna catch welcome to Sajjanpur! we saw chalti ka naam gaadi on DVD yesterday! oh! its such a fun movie even today!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@M4- Loved reading that post of yours. :) Now Ella Enchanted is on my must watch list.

@Artnavy- I am glad we agree on most things:)

@nm- I don't. I start the movie at 9 ish if Ansh goes to bed early.

@monika- mine was a case just like yours when Ansh was Ojas' age.

@mama-mia- how did u like brokeback?