Monday, December 15, 2008

Rab Ne Bana di Hit!

I liked the movie. It is no DDLJ. However, Shahrukh Khan's first look of a common Punjabi banda was really well portrayed. He looked every inch the character he was playing of "Suri ji". In fact I was reminded of my uncle (Pawan Chacha) who is so like Suri-ji in mannerisms. The first half was a complete laugh riot. Every little incident, the pursing of the lips, the wearing of sneakers to office, the old scooter, the old house with a big "verah" (verandah) were so real.
Shahrukh's second look was hilarious but lovable.
Anushka Sharma too did a good job. She looked very fresh & lovely in her Phulkari suits. Vinay Pathak as the sweet friend was really....sweet. .
The plot was unreal but when u go into a movie theatre, you should leave the logics behind.
It does not have the common formulas of foreign locales & designer outfits. It's a cute film though nowhere close to DDLJ.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hey I can't believe I forgot to call you! Would you like to come for our next? We were thinking of having something at the end of this month, perhaps between Christmas and New Year. How about ti? We'd love to meet the boy (and you. :) )

Monika said...

@Sue- I'll love to come to the next :) but I'll be away from 23rd to 29th to Bhutan. Any other time & count me in. Will love to meet u guys :)

Sue said...

Sure. Have a nice holiday.