Friday, May 8, 2009

Burnt Toast !

Not my story , but a touching one just the same:

"When I was a little girl, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned toast in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his toast, smile at my mom, and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that toast and eat every bite!When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the toast. And I'll never forget what he said: 'Baby, I love burned toast.'Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if He really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, 'Debbie, your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides-a little burnt toast never hurt anyone!'

You know, life is full of imperfect things....and imperfect people. I'm not the best housekeeper and I can't cook at all. Similarly there are lots of things about hubby that I don't like.As long as there is love,respect & politeness, we can sail through.We have to have a marriage where burnt toast isn't a deal-breaker!

9 comments:

Artnavy said...

beautiful

Rashmi said...

hey this is good one...a very nice message conveyed in such simple way..

Happy Mothers day to you :-)

Monika said...

@Art- Yes, It is :)

@Rashmi- Thanks. :) Mother's Day is on Sunday, right? Are u doing anything special?

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

This should be sent to lots of people I know. I think I will.

Thank you for sharing. This is so beautiful.

Smitha said...

That was so beautiful!

Monika said...

@M4- We ourselves need to read this every once in a while.

@Smita-Thanks :)

Swaram said...

Wow! A beautiful msg conveyed so well. So apt!

Monika said...

@Swaram- Yes, this is someting u want to go back & read every once in a while!

Magical Homes said...

beeyoooootiful post .