Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nostalgia

Travelling in public transport is always interesting. I love to observe people. Yesterday,in the metro train,I came across this bunch of 4 school girls returning from tutions. They were in Class 12 & they were making such a racket. Talking loudly, hitting each other, teasing about boys. They seemed to be having the time of their lives!!

I felt so nostalgic thinking about my school days. It was much the same. We had such fun. We used to gossip , tease each other & were such brats. Unfortunately , I am so out of touch with all of them now. Each has gone her own way. Even one who is in Kolkata is not responsive at all now. I miss my motley group at school .

10 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

It's never too late to get in touch with them. Do it and do it now...you'll be so glad that you did. Certain friends are for life and all friends are a great rejuvenating factor. Do it for yourself and watch your spirits soar!

Swaram said...

Oh! I was just now chatting with a friend and remembering all those nicknames we had for the other ppl, who likes whom stories and all that.
Wonderful days they were rt? We just dint care what ppl arnd wud n such stuff. Nice post Monika and may u get to meet ur gang soon :)

Monika said...

Oh M4, I've lost touch with many them & don't even have their numbers now. Some of them are too caught up in their daily lives to respond, but I guess I should keep trying :)

Monika said...

@Swaram- Oh, I hope so too :)

Swati said...

ohh the thought of school / college makes me nostalgic :)

mama-mia said...

:)

aah yes! the fun of being 18! :D

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Swati & Mama-Mia- Oh yes! I justed to goback in time.

Lijy said...

oh... i miss my school days too, but more, my college days. I m in touch with only 3-4 of them.

I still tell my hubby, they were the best days of my life.

U inspired me, will do a post soon on this topic:)

Rashmi said...

Hey first time here via blog hopping.....Read quite a lot of ur older post..nice blog you have maintained..will be regular from now onwards :-)

Ya school days are best days of anybodys life...I m not in touch with all my school frens..but my best fren from my school time is still in touch..it feel gr8 when we remember our school/college days..

Monika said...

@Lijy- I am glad u r in touch with a few of your friends :)

@Rashmi- Wecome dear :)