Thursday, May 21, 2009

Announcing my big news!!

Ansh was not keeping well since the 14th with fever , cough & cold & after waiting for 2 days the doctor advised us to do the regular blood work for him to rule out infections. On 16th, we were supposed to go & collect his reports. 16th was also the day that I had been waiting for to confirm what I had been feeling very strongly for the past 10 days but was scared to even admit to myself-that I was pregnant. I brought home the home pregnancy test that day & I could not wait to test it. Yes, it showed a pink line , but I could not be sure. On our way to the testing centre to collect Ansh's reports, I gifted the test to Abhi in a lovely green gift box. He was extremely excited but like me he too was apprehensive. So while collecting Ansh's reports we did a test in the lab & within 5 minutes we got the confirmed report. We were beyond excited. Also, Ansh's reports were all fine which was a big relief. We rang up my mom & brothers from the lab itself . All 3 of us would now have babies within 7 months of each other. :)All were really happy to get the news. We proceeded to Ansh's doctor who assured us that Ansh was fine & that we did not need to worry at all. Back home we informed everyone.Since then we have been digesting the news & lots more is happening which I'll update in my next post .

24 comments:

Mystic Margarita said...

Wow! This is wonderful news - heartiest congratulations! So happy for you, girl!

Artnavy said...

Congrats to you and Abhi and Ansh as well!! How did he react?

Swaram said...

Wowwwwwwww!!!!!! Am so happy for u dear :) Heartfelt Congrats! As soon as I saw the title of ur latest post on my blog, I just cud not wait to jump here n confirm it was what I thought. Love n Hugs :)

Mama - Mia said...

awwwwwwwwww!!!! congrats girl!!!! am so so happy for you guys!!

a happy, healthy and safe pregnancy wished for ya!

hugggggggsssssss!

abha

Monika said...

@mystic-thanks girl :)

@art- Oh I have a whole post coming up on that :)

@swaram- thanks darling

@abha-thanks for your wish :)

Ramya S said...

Dear Monika,
Hearty COngratulations!
I've been following your blog for quite some time now and I thought there cannot be a better time than this to delurk and wish you happy , safe , healthy and an enjoybale pregnancy!
Best Wishes,
Ramya

Smitha said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news!

Lijy said...

Wow... this is just wonderful.

Congrats... you guys must be so happy. congrats again.

Take proper care of yourself :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

YAYYYY!!! I am absolutely THRILLED for you! I know how much you wanted this!

Take care girl and have a wonderful pregnancy!

If you need anything, anything at all...just call!

Revs said...

:) The best time to delurk,yeah? Congratulationssssss :) Prayers and best wishes to all of you :)

Monika said...

congratulation girl so happy for u, when i saw the title i was hoping for this and trust me I had my fingers crossed till I read it

hugs

Monika said...

BTW hope ansh is feeling well now :)

Prashanti :) said...

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!

Itchingtowrite said...

HEY CONGRATS!! how r u?

Monika said...

@Lijy-Thanks :)
@M4- Thanks dear. Your support means a lot.
@Monika- Oh u r so sweet. Ansh is fine now :)
@Itchy-I am good :)
@Ramya,Revs,Prashanti,Smita- I am so overwhelmed by your wishes. Welcome to my blog. :)

Swati said...

Congratulations !! Thats so exciting ..all the best

Monika said...

@Swati-Thanks girl!!

D said...

Hey, a huge hug and congratulations!

Monika said...

Thanks D. I was so excited about telling u all :)

~nm said...

This is super duper news! Congratulations!! I know I'm late but I saw this today only.

My best wishes to you! And a big tight hug :D

Monika said...

@nm- thanks. I wsa missing your comment here :)

The Reason said...

Congrats! I had no idea! I'm so happy for you!

Crazed Writer said...

Wow girl! Thanks for not telling us, LOL!! Congrats to you and your family, I am so excited for you!!

Monika said...

@Reason- Thanks :)

@Macrina- YOu silly girl. Thanks :)