Monday, May 11, 2009

Lovely weekend!

I had an absolutely gorgeous Weekend!!
Saturday I worked almost full day & then in the evening we went to see "The Reader". It was an amazingly good movie & Kate Winslet was awesome. A must watch. We finished the movie around 9:30 & when we came out of the theatre, our friends Giri & Shruti were waiting for us outside. Surprise, Surprise!!Hubby had arranged for us to have dinner at our favourite restaurant "Fire & Ice". I was thrilled to bits. I have not been surprised like this in a long long while. We had a great time.
Sunday, as usual , we had a lazy morning with lots of cuddling with Ansh. In the afternoon , we again went for a movie. This time it was a Bengali movie called "Cross Connection". It was my first Bengali movie & I loved it. It was funny & sweet.
In the evening we went to Lake land Country Club for a swim & dinner. The pool there is gorgeous.
Ansh had a great time playing in the water in the large kiddie pool while we had beer & snacks.
Later we joined him in the big pool & I was so happy to realise that I had not forgotten swimming. It's been a long time since I've been in a pool. I had learnt swimming in college. In fact we organised mini races in the pool & I could beat all of them. :)
After our swim, we lounged around while Ansh had ice cream & played with Pari.
We wrapped up with a lovely dinner.
Thanks darling for making my weekend so enjoyable.

10 comments:

Mama-Mia said...

thats so cool! :) many such perfect weekends wished for you! :)

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

Thanks Abha :)

Mystic Margarita said...

So glad you had such a lovely Mothers' Day weekend! :) here's hoping many more such weekends for you!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Yup! Your weekend sounded gorgeous!

So happy you had a great Mother's Day!

Wish you many more perfect weekends!

Swati said...

coool !

Monika said...

&Mystic,M4,Swati- Thanks girls.

Swaram said...

That was such a lovely weekend. So much fun! Long time since I have taken to the pool too; Shud do so soon :P

Monika said...

@Swaram- You should try the pool. :)

Monika said...

god bless u both always with such lovely life

Monika said...

@Monika- Thanks girl :)