Thursday, May 14, 2009

Down memory lane....

Today I got a pleasant surprise. Got a call from a guy who used to be in my school. I had met him a while back on Orkut & he wanted some contacts in my Company regd work & I helped him. But we never met. This must have been an year back perhaps & I completely forgot about it. Today he called up again & said that he was passing by my office & wondering if he could drop in. Luckily today was a quiet day at work & I invited him in.
Now, I did not even remember this guy's face & I think in the entire 2 years that I was in that particular school, I did not even talk to this guy. So there he stood at the entrance on my cabin,all smiles. He was bald & I had this flash of memory . Of course I remembered him , though fuzzily.
The next one hour I spent "laughing".Oh what an entertainer.He came up with one instance after the other of the pranks he used to play in school & I was literally holding my stomach. It was such a pleasure to meet him. He remembered an instance when I had embarrassed a particular guy by mentioning his name in one of my elocution speeches & how it had become the talk of the town. I just could not remember that instance at all.
He is expecting his first kid in July & I loved hearing all about it from the perspective of an expecting dad. The weird cravings of his wife, the mood swings........all sounded so cute. I could feel his excitement & love for his wife coming through his words.
It's so great to meet new people & even better when you bond so well. I do not know whether we'll ever meet again. I did tell him to inform me when he has his baby , so I can visit the hospital & see them. But that's a few months away & both of us might forget.
For the time being, I feel happy & want to savour the memories of my school that he awakened.

9 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Sounds like you had a pleasant trip down memory lane!

Seems like a nice, fun guy. I hope you two stay in touch!

Monika said...

@M4- I hope so too. :)

Swaram said...

That was such a sweet post Monika. Its so nice to catch up with old pals and begin from where he had left long back. Hope u both stay in touch forever :)

Monika said...

@Swaram- :)

mama-mia said...

:)

stay in touch! meet with families! might just add to the fun factor! :)

cheers!

abha

Swaram said...

Tagged! Not sure if someone has already tagged u on this one :)

http://thesongoflife.blogspot.com/2009/05/gharelu-mishits.html

Swati said...

School and college means nostalgia ..meeting old pals is a treat , isn't it?

Monika said...

@Swati,abha-oh yes

@Swaram- now that u have tagged me the second time, i guess i have to get my lazy self to do i ;)

Swaram said...

U r awarded too :)