My heart bleeds for my SIL. She had a miscarriage yesterday within a week of finding out that she is pregnant. The whole of yesterday I waited with bated breadth, praying to God that the sonography would show that everything is fine.I spent most of the time reading on the internet about bleeding in the first trimester & everything was giving me hope. But it wasn't to be like that. The entire day I had my heart in my mouth. I could feel as if the foetus was inside me & I was losing it instead of her. I visited the loo a hundred times during the day.
I never thought that I had it in me to feel for her the way I am doing.
I don't even talk to her & it's been more than a year. The way she has hurt me is so intense.
But inspite of all that, I am not being able to digest this tragedy. Maybe the fact that I myself am trying for a baby is multiplying the hurt for me.
At times like these you also want to thank God a million times over to have blessed you with a child.
6 years ago

16 comments:
i truly empathise with your SIL
my first preg ( found thru a home test) ended with my first doc
check up!
maybe u can speak to her and help her thru this patch
@Art- We have not talked for a year now & though I have been present for her in hospital as well as at home,it is extremely difficult to communicate. Silent support is all I can give her.
Its so sad to hear that; and its so nice of u Monika to have been supporting her. I think even if u cant speak to her, just presence of near ones makes one feel better. Take care :)
@Swaram- Yes, this is extremely sad.
Hey thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Sorry abour your SIL. The fact that despite a strained relationship, you are reaching out to her is commendable.
@SBora- I guess it's a tragedy that no woman can remain unaffected by.
How very tragic!
I'm sure your presence and silent support will help her to come through this phase.
Be there for her and continue sending her your prayers. It's a difficult time, one that no woman can remain unaffected by.
@M4- You r right.
oh shucks.... god bless and prayers her way...
@Mama-Mia- :(
came here thro' Artnavy. I experienced the same last year. So, I can totally understand how it feels. :-((
And I have no idea what the strain between the two of you is, but I sincerely hope this tough loss acts as a pacifier between you two.. nothing is significant when compared to such losses... don't you think?
sorry for some unsolicited suggestion..
@DC- Wish it could be like that. But some woulds are just too deep.
& Welcome :)
my heart is all out for her... i have suffered almost thru it and i know its terrible
and what u are feeling is a women's heart and ur kindness
i agree with art may be u should talk to her and u know in times like these one doesnt need to talk. just give her a hug
May god give her strength to deal with it
@Monika- I read about your experience dear. You would knwo exactly how difficult this must be.
I'm glad that despite your differences you can empathise with her.
@D- I sure was happy too D that I could feel for her.
Post a Comment