So it's Vrat (Fast) time again today & this is for Hoi Ashtami where mothers keep the fast for sons. I had a glass of Mosambi juice in the morning & some fruits. I am really missing my cup of Lemon Masala tea. IT is my comfort food in office & whenever I am too stressed out, bored, busy, I go to the pantry & prepare my favourite cuppa which has loads of black salt & nimbu & just a hint of did dip chai(tea). For me, eating has always been a big comfort.
So today morning I told my little one that I am fasting for him he said that he will also fast for me......Oh sure, he'll love to not be pestered to eat. Maybe one day when he grows up & makes this request again, I'll allow him & feel important. I detest the fact that only mothers of sons can keep this fast. How can a mother pray for the long life of a male child & not a female child. Some of these customs are absolutely senseless.
Oh, & yesterday my son demanded his own mobile phone. Tells me that no one puts him through when he wants to speak to me in office & he wants a model just like his dad's which has music & videos. The thought is cute but a phone at the age of 4. In fact I even detest school children is upper classes carrying mobiles. But then I do not know how it'll be when Ansh grows up . Maybe I myself will feel the need to be connected with him 24x7.
Yesterday evening a visited a beautiful exhibition called "Prana" in Taj Bengal. An amazing collection of all things bright & beautiful but oh , so unaffordable. I did not want to go back empty handed, so I picked up just one table mat for Rs350. I think it must surely be the cheapest item on sale there...lol. Last week I had visited another one called "Parampara" at the Park. Now there I did pick up something really nice, my first cocktail ring. It's a beautiful silver ring with white & red stones. I am all set for Diwali :)

13 comments:
pehle pati and now beta! :D you are living in the "fast" lane!
sometimes exhibitions have such great and affordable stuff and other times, its just window shopping!
i LOVE going to exhibitions too! you can end up finding some really unique stuff at times!
cheers!
abha
good good... ya the cell phone thing catching up i hate it...
I agree with you about mobile phones...and like you, I worry aboit wht it will be like when they are older and out of our sight. Sigh! I guess I should just stop worrying and enjoy the 'littleness' right now.
@mama-mia- surely it's one Fast Lane. I thought it'll do good for my health but going by the way I binge on the yummy dinner, it's completely useless........lol.
@monika- yes. It sure it catching on & to think of it, we owned our first mobile wheen we actually started earning!
@M4- Yes, especially with the security situation these days. It's scary to not be in touch.
kids today are very hi-tech. My kiddo, he is die hard fan of mobiles and remotes.
And if he gets to lay his hand on the laptop... he would be happiest kid in the block.
:)
BTW, you looked very pretty in the red saree :)
@Lijy- yes, in fact Ansh is a pro with the laptop now. I could figure out the laptop especially the mouse thingie only at the tender age of 25 ...........lol
If you ever want to fast for a daughter, do so. Remember, the goddess is a woman. All the rituals are made up by male priests anyway. :)
@Sue- If I ever have a daughter I sure will afst for her. & I know that if I had a daughter first & was not keeping a fast for her , I wouldn't do it for my second born son too.
You know, I'm liking the size of this prospective family of yours. ;)
@Sue- Oh, me too. Now only if Abhi would cooperate!
So agree with you - but like sue said, most rituals are made up by male priests - hence are biased towards the men. Left a comment on the Karvachauth post - btw, will be in Cal from mid Nov to mid Dec. We must meet up :)
@mystic- Yes, it's for us women to change this stuff now!
Post a Comment