Chand nikal aaya
With my 3 mother in laws. Right is Mil & the other 2 are Abhi's Chachis(aunts)
From the looks of it, it seems that he was fasting instead of me .
I was lucky that Karwachauth fell on the day following my birthday. On that lucky note, I had a good day. The fast was not so tough since this time around I decided to make life easier for myself & agreed to drink a glass of juice in the morning on MIL's insistence. I also drank a couple of glasses of water during the day.
Though in my husband's house there is no culture of "Sargi", the morning meal that women take before the sun rise on Karwachauth, but my MIL follows the Sargi culture with me knowing that it is part of the Punjabi culture. So she made Gobi ka Paratha for me at 4 in the morning. Isn't that sweet of her? I returned home early & we did the Puja in the evening & the Chand was super nice to come out really early at 7:15. MIL also bought me a Challni to see the chand from. This is again a custom which is not followed in hubby's house.
So it was a nice festive day for us. Though I am not superstitious & do not particularly believe that this fast would enhance the life of husbands & all, but I love the festivities & find it really romantic.
My conversation with hubby at lunch time:
Me: Hi, How r u?
Hubby: I am fine.
Me: Won't u ask me how am I?
Hubby: oh sure, so how r u?
Me: OK, feeling hungry.
Hubby: Then order a pizza. No one will know. I do not believe in these fasts.
Me: Hey, I am just asking for sympathy, not food. So give me some.
Hubby: Oh, OK. Aww...poor girl. It's so sweet of u to keep this fast for me. I am sorry that u cannot eat today. I feel so bad!! Happy?
Me: Thanks :). Come home before the chand, OK?
Hubby: OK. Bye.

9 comments:
Do you have any idea how beautiful you are looking? Very traditional and just like a new bride!
looking lovely... and ya me too I usually keep for dolling up and the festivities around it
@M4-Aww, thankie !!
@monika- glad I have a partner in thoughts there! :)
ha ha! can't help but laugh! Thatw as areally sweet gesture from your mom im law.
@pg- laughing at our conversation , right? these hubbies have to be taught how to be romantic!!
looking gorgeous like always Monika!! :)
and not too miss that killer smile!
hugs
abha
@mama- mia- thanks buddy!
I think I've told you before - but you're beautiful! :)
@mystic- Oh thank you :)
Post a Comment