Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Movie, Shopping & A Baby

Last Sunday I saw a very nice movie "A Wednesday". Abhi wanted to see Drona & I knew that I would not be able to stand that movie. So we went to 2 separate movies within the space of an hour & since Wednesday was a shorter movie, we both finished about the same time. I am glad I caught the movie before it went off the theatres. Abhi also enjoyed his "Drona". Since he is Young B's namesake, I guess he feels a lot for him & has always wanted his movies to do better. Also, he said that since he went in the movie without any expectations, he was not as disappointed as he would have been if he had seen the First Day, First Show.
I am glad that we have reached a stage where we can easily see 2 different movies without offending each other. I still always have the advantage of having Ansh with me :). So technically, I have company.
I also got a chance to shop in peace for Ansh's Diwali outfit which is a beautiful pink Kurta Payjama set.
After the movie, we met up with 4 of Abhi's friends & went to "Goutams". This is an eatery on the roadside where one can park the car & be served in the car. It is very popular around here especially for it's cold coffee. That's us, outside "Goutam's "
The guys also got some vodka to enjoy with the yummy macaroni. I for a change wanted just plain coffee which led one of the guys to comment "good for you", which kind of offended me. Their wives do not drink except on new years' eve when we go for this big party.But, what gives them the right to judge another woman who may like a drink once in a while. But then that's the way some men are. Disgusting attitude!
Yesterday , I was off from work again coz there was an optional holiday at work for "Laxmi Puja". In the morning was my best friend Pragya's Cesarean section planned. She had a Baby Girl. She already has a boy & now her family is complete. I was so happy that I was choked while talking to her. The baby is so very cute & I am so happy for my friend. I sounded out Abhi again at the hospital about trying for our next baby but he is so stubborn!!
Yesterday was also Abhi's uncle's (phuphaji's) cataract operation. So we went to visit him & stayed a long time with them. We wrapped up our day by visiting a Diwali exhibition in Ice Skating from where MIL bought 2 Bandanwars & I bought a beautiful candle holder for Diwali.
So, that's how the last few days have been around here. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved A wednesday...really nice movie and fabulous acting!!!!!

Monika said...

@Chandni- yes, it was really nice. Loed the fact that there were no faltu songs & stuff

Mama - Mia said...

you have really been living it up, havent you?

and looking absolutely yummy mummy in that photo! :)

and yes, its ridiculous that people want to judge a woman who enjoys her drink! its really none of their business! but thats okie!! who cares!

and yes, A Wednesfay si a brilliant film!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

good that u have been enjoying urself :) I loved A Wednesday too...

Ya I understand what u are saying abt the drinking female for the general public if a female drinks then automatically he is bad... they irritate me but gladly I have very few of them around :)

Ur post reminds me that I have to start my diwali shopping too... rather I have to first do my karvacuath shopping which is day after tmrw

Monika said...

@Mama Mia- Yes, I love outings & if I am stuck at home the whole weekend, I kinda feel depressed at the end of it. Of course, once in a while a weekend comes when I just want to laze around. :)

@Monika-What Karwachauth shopping do u do?

D said...

1. Loved 'A Wednesday'!

2. And the men who go judging women who drink once in a while are the ones who drink regularly! Hmmmph!

3. And you look really nice in that pic :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

What a lovely day you had. I also think it's very important to be able to give one another space and enjoy doing things on one's own.

As for the vodka-guzzler's with dainty wives...to hell with their MCP attitude!

Lijy said...

loved the 'happy family'picture.

glad you had a nice time :)

Cuckoo said...

Oh i miss Goutams :) Glad you had a lovely time. All of you, and esp you look great in the pic.

Monika said...

@Cuckoo-Hey, u know of Goutams? That's great coz many people in Cal don't know abt it.

@Lijy- Thanks :)

@D- Thanks. & so true abt the men. & this particular guy who made that comment is an addict!

Monika said...

buying sweets sargi feeny and then something for my mil :)