Friday, October 17, 2008

Mehendi Hai Rachnewali!

I returned home yesterday & got busy with Mehendi application for Karwachauth. The professional Mehendiwali had come over the previous day while I was busy attending a birthday Party. So yesterday MIL called over an amateur girl who has just learnt the art on her own. Her name is Tonu. She was a wee girl of about 18-19 years of age. I enquired & found out that she dropped out of school in Class 9 coz her father could not afford her education any further & now she does all kinds of things from Rakhi making to small tailoring assignments. She told me that now she is going to learn more thread work etc for making Saris. Apparently the State is running a program to teach stuff to these young girls to make them independent.She is earning well now & seemed happy & content. Since she was an amateur, she took a long time to complete the Mehendi, almost 2 hours. But I liked talking to her & time just flew by. I promised to give all my little tailoring jobs to her in the future. Later I was talking to Abhi about the fact that the State is doing something for these girls & it's so nice to hear such things instead of just being critical that the Government does nothing.
That's my Mehendi. :)
After the Mehendi Application, we proceeded for dinner to Teej, a lovely Indian restaurant with our Friends Giri Shriti & Amit Rashmi. We were lucky to get some food as we were really late & it was almost 10:30 by the time we entered the restaurant. We did another round of cake cutting, this time the cake was courtesy Hotel Grand. Ansh was is a pretty bad mood coz it was his sleep time & he irritated us throughout the dinner. He did enjoy the cake cutting though. :)

Surprise, surprise, I got not 1 but 2 birthday gifts from Abhi. Two lovely perfumes which I'll cherish .
Oh & Ansh again cut his hair & this time it's really really bad.I really do not know what gets into him sometimes.


10 comments:

~nm said...

I think she has done a beautiful job on the mehendi even if she took some time.

I just love your top and those strings of pearl! And you are glowing! Koi news to nahi hai share karne ke liye? *wink* :D

And what can I say about Ansh's "special" haircut...been thought that once. And I really hope not again! Why don't you try and tell him that it looks funny and he might get teased at school for this. And probably take away his favourite toy as a punishment.

Monika said...

@nm-yes, she did a nice job. :) Hey, I wish koi news hoti..lol. I cannot get Abhi to agree that we should have another baby now. :(

Oh, we have tried explaining him in all sorts of ways when he did it the first time & we thought that it was done & over with. But these kids have wierd ideas!

Monika said...

u look good monika :) and like nm I like the top too its lovely....

happy karvachauth... this time I couldnt apply any mehndi on my hands :(

Monika said...

@monika- thanks :). That top is a gift from my Mom. On every birthday she makes sure that I have something new to wear.
I myself have applied mehendi for karwachauth after many years.

4handfulls said...

Oh Ansh cutting his hair! Not good :(

Your mehendi is beautiful!

Neera said...

My my ..someone's looking BEEEEAAAUUUTIFULLLL!!! :) Love the new look post haircut - belated Happy Birthday Buddy! So sweet of ur mom to ensure u have smthng new to wear every b'day.

And make ur husband read my reply to Preethi in the second last post on my blog abt having a second child. Really hope we get some good news soon :)

Monika said...

@Cherie-Yes Cherie, it is bad. He has done it once before. I have had a long conversation with him this time & he is now keen that his hair should grow back. :)

@Neera- I read your reply to Preeti & I completely agree. I know that with me working it is going to be tough but I am willing to take that for the sake of Ansh more than anyone else. I have 2 brothers & I know how much Ansh will miss having a sibling. But Abhi has different thoughts on this. So I do not think it's going to happen, at least not any time soon.

Mama - Mia said...

:)

beautiful mehendi on a lovely woman! :)

keep that smile on, always! :)

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@mama-mia- oh, u r such a sweetheart to catch up on all my posts :)

Anonymous said...

I remember one time my parents got a sharp pair of scissors. I took it and in front of my parents, my grandparents and my aunt I attempted to cut my hair and I could not get it out. maybe it was too hard for me to move. Some of my hair got chopped off. I got so embarrassed that I did not come out for dinner until my mother brought it to me.