Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sale fever!

has caught me again. I had resolved that this year I would not go beserk when the annual "sales" come on in the stores but I could not help myself yet AGAIN.
Besides the 2500 that I spent in Vaachi last week on a salwaar kameez & a top, I went ahead and bought a 700 Rs jeans just now at Shoppers Stop in my lunch hour & my my mind is already scheming about the next shopping trip in tomorrow's lunch hour to Wills Lifestyle.
No matter how I console myself that I am saving money, I am feeling terribly guilty again about my billowing almirahs.
There, it's off my chest now & I feel good. Phew!!

8 comments:

~nm said...

Hahaha!

Don't you know shopping is the best stress buster? Use that as your excuse :D

Last time we went to Lifestyle to buy trousers for hubby and I also ended up buying one for self :P

PG said...

I always feel good when i buy at sales, as you "feel" you've saved money. And, sometimes you actually do. But, shopping is always a stressful thing for me. :)

Monika said...

@nm- yes, shopping is a stress buster. I completely agree. :)

@ pg- yes,u r right.

Monika said...

ha ha ha !!! me too in the same boat... everymonth i think will not shop this month but still end of buying something

think of it only as money saving and stress buster dont feel guilty u made urself happy that is

Monika said...

@monika-yes, I am not feeling guilty anymore coz i have dropped today's shopping trip........lol.

Mama - Mia said...

i only know how i have managed to tear myself away from all the tempting sales 'coz that cash is missing as of now!! :(

and hey as long as you got stuff you liked at half the price, why not??!!

just enjoy!!!

cheers!

abha

Neera said...

ha ha ha ..cute :) Am totally with u on this one ..saving money indeed ..my husband tells me 'do u realize that u r actually spending money to save some' :)

went thru ur other posts as well and just wanted to say u look absolutely lovely in all the pics ..thanks for sharing those :)

Monika said...

thanks Neera :)