I quite like putting on Mehendi, though I get to do it just a couple of times a year. We usually have a Mehendi-Wali come over to our place to put the Mehendi. I also try to take care of the colour for quite sometime & try to subject my hands to as little washes as possible & sort of try to avoid soap.That is achieved by using gloves & at times like the present when I have no gloves handy, I cover my hands with plastic bags . Quite inconvenient but worth it!
Besides Mehendi, Teej is quite eventless for me. It is exciting for those whose parents live in the same city & call their daughters over the celebrations.It is called "Sindhara". For me, it's just a small Puja in the morning.

9 comments:
very nice... i lovely mehndi too... used to put it regularly when i was in delhi now very rarely
Thanks . ....yeah Delhi is so into mehendi, esp during Karwachauth
Lovely mehndi monika. I never fail to put mehndi on Teej. This time, however, I wasn't feeling too well, so gave it a skip. And now I'm feeling bad about it!
@D Oh , I am sorry. You can put in for Rakhi next week. :) No dearth of occassions , right?
How r u feeling now?
woww beautiful!! I love putting mehendi too.. both on my palms and in my hair too.. but hubby hates the smell of it!!
:)
oooh! brautiful mehendi!! me LOVE mehendi too! i love looking at my hands forever when they are all coloured!
and i love the smell too! :D
lovely post!! loved ansh and your snapshot! :D
cheers!
abha
@Trish- same with my hubby. God knows how he managed on the wedding night......lol.
@Abha- thanks :)
It is so beautiful Monika!
@Cherie- Thanks
Post a Comment