We had good fun yesterday . Had a lazy morning, went ahead & did some shopping in city centre (ahm!! two pairs of shoes from Hamlyn & lingerie from benetton) in the afternoon & then proceeded to a friend's (Abhishek Jalan)house to spend the rest of the day in the company of friends. Almost our whole "group" was there & there was great gup-shup ranging from baby care to in-law bashing.
Today is Rakshbandhan. For me , I do not even remember what was the last time I physically tied Rakhi for my brothers. For years, it's been a long distance Rakhi for us. So , today too I rang up both my brothers to wish them a "Happy Rakhi" & that's that. I feel so bad seeing all the activity around. Sisters dressing up, arranging the Rakhi Dhaali, buying their brother's favourite mithai , Buying gifts for bhai & bhabhi, the actual act of tying the Rakhi...........I know that some day when I really get to do this physically, I'll cry my heart out & would preserve that moment in memory for a long long time.
In our house, we are celebrating Rakshabandhan tomorrow, today being a lunar eclipse & all. So Abhi's paternal aunts (Bua's) will come over & will tie Rakhis & Lumbas to all of us. So, looking forward to the occasion tomorrow. :)
6 years ago

2 comments:
Awww... you must really miss your brothers! Aren't there any cousins around?
@d- no yaar. there is no one around in kolkata. :(
Post a Comment