With the frequency with which Papa has been coming to Kolkata this past month, it almost feels like he is living here & I sometimes get the feeling that I have a home away from home right here in the city. But, I may be talking too soon as his next visit may be only after some months now.
So , myself & Abhi went to meet him & have dinner with him in his guest house last night. I did not take Ansh along as I knew it would be late & he'll miss out on his sleep. But I regretted it the next morning. Apparently his dadi had told him the previous night that Nanu is in town. So he got up in the morning & told me that that he had dreamt that Nanu had come home & had brought cake for him . He asked me to go check in the fridge. Now, I did not have the heart to tell him that dreams don't always come true. But on his insistence, I sent the maid to go & check the fridge & when Ansh's dadi heard from the maid that Ansh wanted cake she quickly sent her to the nearby shop to get one. So when the maid walked into the room with the cake in hand, Ansh's happiness knew no bounds. He told me "Dekha, Maine aapko bola tha na ki fridge mein cake hai" (I had told you that these was cake in the fridge). I had decided to make amends today & take him to meet Nanu thinking that he can well manage with less sleep one night. But then, he has a birthday party to attend today with his chacha & chachi.
6 years ago

6 comments:
Parents are lovely people - they'll do anything to make our dreams come true!
@D-Yes, true. :)
supatb blog. this is really nice blog and vary useful . keep it up
visit my blog
www.netfandu.blogspot.com
It is surely good to have parents, especially when you have your own children. But, that was such a sweet gesture from your and your MIL's side. And can't dreams sometimes come true?! ;)
awwww!! :) you guys are his Santa Claus! :D
cheers!
abha
@pg- I so wish all OUR dreams cud come true & more so Ansh's .:)
@ mama-mia- Yeah that's what we are working for.
@netfandu- Thanks for teh visit. Will check out your blog
Post a Comment