Monday, August 18, 2008

Rakshabandhan in pictures.

Here are the pictures of the long awaited Rakshabandhan. This is the Rakhi Thaali. The small boxes have chocolates. Since I do not like Mithaai, Buas improvised this time around & got home-made chocolates instead. So sweet of them .



I had expected Ansh to be really excited about the festival but unfortunately, during the ceremony he was cranky. He was happy with the gifts though which I had bought on Bua's insistence before hand. He had had a peek at the blocks a day before & it was with great effort that we kept him from opening the present. In fact , he slept with his un-opened gift the night before.

6 comments:

D said...

Wow, this seems like such an elaborate affair. And what fun for little Ansh!

Monika said...

Yeah , it is sort of elaborate in my husband's community.

Anonymous said...

he looks lovely in a kurta :)

Monika said...

thanks Chandni :)

Mama - Mia said...

would agree with D! such an elaborate affair! :)

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@mama-mia- yes, it's true & it's even better if it falls on a Sunday.