Thursday, April 24, 2008

Abacus

For a long time now I have been thinking of what else I could teach Ansh besides what he learns in school. I am no advocate of the culture where children keep running from one class to another & have no time to play & relax. But with the summer vacations looming large, kids will have a lot of free time in hand & being in a city like Kolkata, there are surely many opportunities for kids to learn something new. I had put Ansh in a summer camp in his old school last year & have decided to do the same thing this year.
I also have been meaning to put Ansh in an abacus class.I as a youngster had a lot of phobia around Mathematics & the same was also shared by many of my friends. Through abacus I have heard that children start loving Maths. One of the more prominent abacus training institutes is USMAC. There is a centre very near my house in "Little Kingdom Montessori house" opp Ram Mandir. However, they admit kids from 5 to 13 years of age. So Ansh will be eligible next year & I'll surely let him have a go at it. The contact person here is Mrs Sangeeta Mohta (9830432101)
http://www.ucmasindia.com/

No comments: