Wednesday was our night out with Papa & we went to a Kebab joint called "Astor". I must be going there after ages.......maybe 5-6 years or even more. My dad has spent many many years in Lucknow & he is a Lucknowi to the core. So where Kebabs are concerned, he has no control & he can fill himself up with them. Now, having Kebabs for dinner for Abhi was a whole new concept. On top of that he is a vegetarian, so the choices are quite limited. Poor guy struggled throughout the meal. As for me, the sight of food, any kind, is enough to make me queasy. I struggled with a single Kebab & my Virgin Mary thorughout the meal & came out & puked. What a waste !!
The conversation was great though. It was fun hearing Papa narrate an instance when he drank some 16 bottles of beer in an hour & a half & won a bet. Could never picture him do that. He is always so much in control. :)

11 comments:
Sounds like a fun outing Monika .. Ansh njoyed it? Cheers to many more such Papa-daughter moments:)
Am missing my dad so much since I have been reading ur posts abt ur Dad :)
You never told me about your Dad's Lucknow connection?! How could you not? Don't you know I'm obsessed with my city?
I lurrve kebabs, with parathas and roomali roti. And follow it up with biryani. Even if I eat it every week, I can't get enough of it, it's such great stuff!
Do visit Lucknow for the best kebabs: Tundey kebabs, Kakoris, Sakhawat's galawati and scores of more yummy things!
Oh, and as for Abhi, don't get him ;) What will he do here if he doesn't eat non-vegetarian food?
come to chennai kabab factory for best veggie kebabs and a huge spread as well
poor u- hope the constant nausea goes off soon
I sympathise with the puking...it happened to me throughout my 2nd pregnancy! Going out, even to a friend's place, for a meal became a cause for anxiety!!
The conversation sounds like fun!! It is hard to imagine our parents young and carefree, isn't it? :)
@Swaram- WE did not take Ansh along. He'd had a long night the day before.
@D- My dad is so obsessed with Lucknow. & I've never visited. I so want to. Some day I'll accompany him & have him show me around teh city he loves so much.
@Art- Yeah, this nausea is getting the better of me.
@M4- Yes M4, it's fun to hear these stories. I am glad that Papa opens up like this with Abhi. Nothing like having 2 most imp. men in your life get along so well together.
Hugs, Mon. The nausea will be gone after a couple of months hopefully. hang in there, girl.
@Mystic- Yes, hoping & praying.
My husband would like your dad a lot :P
@Meira- In his earlier version of a carefree youth??.....lol
ah u arent keeping well, so many of ur last posts talk about puking. take care girl, dont have much advice but i am sure u know whats the best
Post a Comment