Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chinese!! no way

Yesterday we dined at Mainland China. Well, I only looked & the others dined. Going by my kitty party experience of keeping down Chinese at Bar'b'que, hubby booked us for dinner at Mainland China. We had to entertain his business friends. I was in a shitty mood & did not like the dinner enforced on me but I wore the garb of a good hostess & managed to smile & do small talk throughout the meal. I ordered the safest dishes- veg fried rice, veg hakka noodles & sweet & sour veggies with noodles & of course a chicken dish just for the guests. I was quite looking forward to the meal but the first waft of the noodles had me running to the washroom. The rest of the dinner was spent in sipping the wonderful jasmine tea that is served throughout the meal , absolutely complimentary.

Mainland China was once my favourite restaurant. I love the cabbage & picked cucumbers that they serve & now lovely Jasmine Tea is added to that list. I cannot wait to get better to again start enjoying the culinary experiences.

6 comments:

Iya said...

ahh mon, i hope u start enjoying the food soon

Swaram said...

Oh girl :( Take care n hope u start craving for all that food soon. Hugs :)

Monika said...

@Iya- Yeah.

@Swaram- Oh I hope so too

Swaram said...

Tagged u girl .. Do it when u feel gud :)

Mama - Mia said...

all in good time and real soon am sure! :D

Monika said...

@Swaram- will check it out

@Mama-Mia- Yeah, hoping.