Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This & That

Papa arrived yesterday for his meeting & we had him over for dinner. Since there was no help at home, I could hardly spend much time with him as I was busy serving & getting things in order. I hope to meet him again today to catch up. Ansh was excited at having his nanu come over, but was really sleepy , so was put to bed early.

Ansh did it again!!! & this time was the worst. He cut his hair Gajini style. Really, Really short. I had taken him for a haircut on Saturday & he cried so much saying that he gets hurt when his hair is cut. Of course, when he did it himself, it did not hurt him. I was informed of this at work by a teary voiced MIL. She is a sucker for appearances & said that he would look so bad till his hair grows back. We did have to take him to the saloon for uniforming his hair. I really do not know what to do about this any more. I had given him a big lecture last time & he seemed to be convinced that he'll never try this again.

7 comments:

Swaram said...

Ghajini style haircut LOL :))
Did u manage to take his pics ;)

D said...

I actually find this habit of Ansh's rather cute! Can't he get away with it, will you please not let him do it? Do you think you could ever do something like that with your hair? It's one of those things you can do only as long as you're a kid. He has fun doing it and it's just hair - it will grow back.

Am I the Devil's advocate?

Monika said...

@Swaram- I keep forgetting. I'll surely take today. It's a memory worth preserving

@D-You know what, this time around, I did not have the heart to scold him much. He was looking so sheepish & cute without his hair.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

I hope you got to spend the day with your papa today.

As for the haircut, it is something that kids do. Since Ansh has done this twice already, I would suggest it's time to keep the scissors out of his reach. Hope that works :)

Monika said...

@M4-Still at work, so hopefully at least I can have dinner with Papa.

Regd the scissors, well, I have given up now. There is only that much I can lecture the in-laws.

Neera said...

Do u think letting him go to school in that haircut for a day or two help where may be his friends or teachers would do what u r not succeeding at

Monika said...

@Neera- I think I would never have the heart to send him like that to school.