This week we had been called to Ansh's school to an introductory session for his new class. Things certainly seem a bit more serious now. His new teacher 'Urvashi Ma'am' means business.....lol. A far cry from "Harvinder Ma'am " who was casual about everything.
So we got the rules:
If we do not cut the boy's hair really short, they will be tied in pony tails
If we send any junk food in the tiffin -Mondays to Thursdays- she won't allow the child to eat.
The above two rules I thought were very bad & I hope that they won't ever be implemented & were just to make sure that the parents comply with them.
I did not have anything specific to clarify except how much time the teacher expects us parents to spend with the child on "studies". I know of other parents who have already started tution at this age & spend lots of time on "studies". I am not in favour of this un-due pressure on kids from such a young age. I was really happy when Ansh's previous teacher had told us that we should just let the kids play around at home. Studies are for later.
So, I was keen as to what the teacher had to say & she pointed out to Ansh & said that if that's your child, you do not have to spend any time on studies. He knows his stuff & whatever little problems are there will be sorted out in school. I was so happy to hear this. I know Ansh has problems still with his alphabets & gets confused between his b's & d's at times. But I am sure as she said , it'll be all sorted out.

9 comments:
Smart boy; so he gets lot of time to play. U said it so well that this is the age to play; studies are anyways to be done for a long way to go. I really feel bad seeing the tiny tots who come for tuition in the neighbourhood ; they come home, gobble up something and are off again. Sad picture :(
@Swaram-Yeah Swaram. But these days the pressure is too much on parents.It's very difficult to resist.
Well done Ansh! Looks like a lovely, bight classroom! Is Ansh happy?
awww that was so sweet i agree with u we should let the children be
namesake i tagged u yet again ;) but i know u will enjoy this one
http://ourprinceojas.blogspot.com/2009/04/best-of-motherhood.html
Way to go Ansh.
Amd I just despise the idea of tutions at this age.
@M4- Oh yes, he is enjoying his new class :)
@Monika- Will check out the tag.
@nm- Yes, me too.
:)
i wish i could go to school again! except the exams bit ofcos!
have a super time ansh!
cheers!
abha
@Abha Yes, in fact most of my dreams are still about school days.
Post a Comment