Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend round-up

I did make it to the Calcutta Police band concert on Saturday & it was really really good. I went with a few of my colleagues. Abhi vehemently refused to accompany me. But I am so glad that I did not miss it as I usually do in such situations. Yes, I am trying to give myself some space. :)

Sunday we spent the day at our friend Giri's house. We lazed around , had yummy Paw Bhaji & aamras(mango shake), played with Pari & Ansh & watched the video of our dance performance at Kailash Uncle's anniversary. In the evening we all trotted off to Vardaan market & West Side. I bought a bathroom set (soap dispenser, soap dish...etc) & a couple of night suits for Ansh while Abhi bought lots & lots of beach wear for himself. We are leaving for Puri tomorrow & Abhi is super excited. It is usually the reverse with us. So I am happy. At least he would not say that he went just to please me. :)
Here's hoping that we enjoy a lot. I have so many knick-knacks to purchase today, the most important being "Sunscreen".

9 comments:

Swaram said...

Glad to know that you are giving urself some space. U will have a great time @ Puri. :) And we wanna c the dance video too ;)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Am so proud of you! Glad you went and had a good time. Space is good, it's healthy.

Have a blast in Puri! It's so much fun there! Take loads of sunscreen and have a fun shopping trip there as well!

Mama - Mia said...

:)

doing your own thing every now and then is very cool! good for ya!

and Puri plan is making me very jealous!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Swaram- I'll have to figure out a way to put the video here.

@M4- What is there to shop for in Puri??

@Mama-Mia- I am hoping to have loads of fun!

Lijy said...

wow.... lucky girl. Enjoy to the fullest dear. Have a lovely time.

This time I am not that jealous of you, cos even we are going on a 2-day trip. Hubby's office off-site. Hope I too wil hav some fun.

Okie dokie...

Monika said...

@Lijy- Hope u too have a great time :)

D said...

Have fun in Puri! And get us lots of pics :)

Monika said...

space is a req of all relations... and enjoy in puri

Monika said...

@D- Sure I will :)

@Monika- Thanks :)