Yesterday there was a major power crisis in Kolkata with black outs that lasted from 2-8 hours. At our place, there was no power from 4:30 to 10:30 pm on one of the hottest April days with temperature soaring to nearly 42 degree Celsius. After at hour of dealing with the sweltering heat, we decided to go to the nearest cinema hall to enjoy the A.C more than the movie. But we were in for a surprise as the movie we chose was awesome. It was an English movie made in Tollywood called- Chowrasta- The Crossroads of Love.
It is a lovely movie based in picturesque Darjeeling. The place has been shot so well that I wanted to fly there right away. I could almost smell the aroma of the hills.
It is a movie based on 4 different stories, interlinked by circumstances. Sort of like Babel.
The actors did a fine job, especially Rupa Ganguly.
The on-going stand off between the Multiplexes & the producers, is a blessing in disguise for these movies which are getting as many as 27 shows a day in Kolkata compared to a measly 2-3 that they usually get.

9 comments:
Thats a real blessing in disguise. We too end up at malls every weekend to beat the heat. But, I always end up doing a lot of shopping and then feel guilty; fortunately/unfortunately the guilt does not last till the next weekend ;)
@Swaram- Ah, talk about shopping! I too am addicted to it & I hate it too coz I think I already have too much stuff. On top of that I am a hoarder & so cannot part with things easily!!
Ha ha! I thought so reading some of the posts in your archive and was happy I am not the only one :P
Sounds like a great way to spend a hot day!
an evening well spent and that sounds like a good movie
Tagged!
@Swaram- Will do the tag soon :)
@Monika- Oh it sure was.
@Cherie- :)
What a SUPERB idea! An excellent way to beat the heat and survive the powercut!
Must see this movie then. And you are so right...with the big fish arguing, at least these small productions are getting their due!
@M4-I am sure u'll enjoy this movie :)
Post a Comment