Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rant!!

Myself & SIL do not get along. We are not in talking terms with each other. This is a source of constant tension in the house. But I never thought that this would spill over to our parents. No matter what differences we might have, I never thought that because of those differences, either one of us would disrespect each other's parents.
My father came home the other day for dinner. My SIL & BIL did not take the trouble of coming out of their room to even wish him properly. I did not expect my SIL to serve him dinner or tea. I am quite capable of doing that myself. But the least one can expect is that they would wish him & ask him how he was. At least they should learn from how we behave when her parents come over. I know that even if things take the turn for the worst, at least I would not stoop to their levels & disrespect a guest in my house.
I did not want to let things be. I took the matter up with MIL who defended them tooth & nail, saying that BIL would have just returned from work & must have been tired. Now, how can one be tired enough to get up from the bed & come to the door of his room where my dad stood asking them how they were. MIL even said that SIL was having a headache. Oh well, we all know how bad headaches can be !!!
Sorry for the Rant guys. Just could not hold back.

10 comments:

Swaram said...

Oh! What levels people stoop down to :(. Its their loss if they could not get the blessings from an elder person who even went to greet them himself. Good that u got it all out; it helps. Cheer up girl :)

Monika said...

Hey Swaram. Thanks for the support. The great thing is that now Abhi too voices his opinions with me. He too felt hurt. And so as long as he stands by my side, I have no worries.

Swaram said...

That's the best thing isn't it. May every second of ur life be filled with love n love only.

Mama - Mia said...

its seriously their loss only! your father showed his class by greeting them and they showed lack of it by not responding!

and yes, i am a firm believer of blessings from elders too! they sound a lot like my bil and sil! sigh!

its okie! just ignore such stuff!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Mama-Mia-That's one thing that I would not want any of my friends to have - BIL & SIL like mine ....sigh!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

We all have relatives like that. Your father is a very classy gentleman and your SIL & BIL just displayed their lack of manners and ignorance by their terrible behaviour.

Good that you ranted. It's always good to get it out of you system.

Monika said...

these things are best ranted and taken out of the system monika... and like everyone said the loss is theirs besides we cant change people

cheer up girl (((hugs)))

Monika said...

@M4 & Monika- It sure did feel nice taking it out of my system here. So glad to have a forum where I can pour my heart out & u girls rock!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel and I have two SILs

Monika said...

@Anonymous- I am sorry