Tuesday, March 24, 2009

School Life.

For everybody, school life is memorable. For me it was much more than that. My school was my life.I was always happier to be in school than at home. The reason being that I was greatly interested in studying. I was a unique specimen who used to absolutely enjoy studying. I could spend hours locked up in my room engrossed in my school books. I used to enjoy all the subjects except Maths, but I could easily manage to get 80's even in that dreaded subject. I was the pet of all my teachers.I always stood First. I also used to love extra- curricular activities-Dance, Music, Drama, Debate. You name it & I was there. I was the Head Girl of my school & was in the best of terms with all my teachers & the Principal. I loved pleasing my teachers & loved all the attention I got. So, u see, school time was one of the best periods of my life. As I moved on from school to college to work, I somehow lost it in me the excel at everything. I do not know where the change happened from brilliant to average. When I think back , I also feel relaxed at not having the pressure to Excel at everything, but at the same time I miss that immense feeling of achievement.
I miss my school- days.
And now when I visit Ansh's school, I always feel a lump in my throat. Every time I enter his class I feel like I could cry. Every time Ansh's teacher praises him , I have to try my best not to hold back tears. I hope that School life is as wonderful a world for Ansh as it was for me.
Today we got Ansh's Progress Report. My little munchkin is now ready for PS-2. I feel so proud.

Twinkle Toes & Pearly smiles
are ready for a winged Flight.
Successfully soaring to the new heights
soft Faltering steps
to confident ones
you are now ready
for your next best

All the best my baby.

15 comments:

Swati said...

lovely post ! All the best to Ansh

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

I've switched phones. Can you call me? I have 3 passes for tonight's show. It's at G D Birla Sabhagar, Ballygunge, @ 7 pm. I don't have passes for tomorrow, I'm afraid. If you know any members of the Calcutta Club, they can probably arrange it for you.

Monika said...

@Swati- Thankee :)

@M4-Hope to see u tomorrow. :)

Swaram said...

Oh! Reminds me of my school days; just today happen to see some school kids from the office window and felt like attending a class again :P

Ansh will be better than the best :)
Congrats to the li'l guy.

Monika said...

@Swaram- You know what, I will never pressurise my little guy but in my heart of hearts, I want him to excel in school so badly.

Mystic Margarita said...

This is such a lovely post, Monika. I'm sure Ansh will enjoy a wonderful school like just as you had.

Anf you know one doesn't have to excel in everything that one does - the most important thing is to excel as being who you are and I'm sure you have done that already. Hugs :)

Monika said...

@Mystic- Yes u r right there.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Just reading this and I know the feeling. I hated school because I had a terrible school life, but with some good memories. However, I do hope that for my sons, it's different.

That lump in the throat feeling whenever I enter their schools...yeah, I know, I get it too!

Monika said...

@M4- Oh thanks. I thought I was a weirdo & I always feel embarrassed at my extreme emotions.
How was it yesterdya? I am sure u rocked it!!

Mama - Mia said...

even though i was never fond of studying, i loved school! :) and look back on those days as the best in my life! :)

and congrats on Ansh; achivements! and all the besy to the not so l'il guy! :)

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

@Mama- Mia- Thanks :)

Monika said...

aww such a sweet post... i loved school too but for a different reason i was the naughtiest among the class and mischief was always running on my mind... i was teachers fav too but when they had to pick on someone because something went wrong ;)

i am sure ansh will enjoy school fully which ever way he is a cool dude ;-)

Monika said...

@Monika- I can totally understand. You still look naughty :)

Neera said...

Ooooh , so glad to read this and I thot I was the only silly one with a lump in my throat and eyes brimming with tears whn I saw my son being good at something/praised by someone :)

Monika said...

@Neera- & I am glad I am not the only one :)