Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TV Soaps.

Long back I was an avid watcher of "Kasauti Zindgi Ki" on star plus till they completely ruined it by the unprecedented number of divorces, marriages, & the the sudden disappearance , reappearance of the lead characters. I just watched it for Mr Bajaj(Rohit Roy) who I found really becoming in his salt & pepper hair. Anyways, that was a long long time back & since then I've never watched any soap of TV except stray episodes of "Friends " which I still love to watch. I do not know the exact time that it comes on TV , so it is just "by chance" that I catch an episode or two during a month. I also like "Sarabhai vs Sarabhai" which is again perchance viewing. The main reason why I am off soaps is coz we've really limited TV times at home. If the TV is on,Ansh insists on watching his cartoons & just to prevent too much of that , TV is totally off our routine now.
Now, this time on the way to Bhutan, we stopped over at the famous Hongkong market of Siliguri where one gets lots of imported & fake stuffs. Abhi picked up a whole lot of DVDs & amongst them he picked up 4 seasons of the famous American soap "Desperate Housewives". Yesterday we started viewing them........i think we saw 3-4 episodes after putting Ansh to bed & it was thoroughly enjoyable. In fact I am really looking forward to seeing the next few episodes today. I think season 5 is on Star World now, & I am looking forward to that too.
So, what are you watching these days?

4 comments:

4handfulls said...

I hope you fall in love with Desperate Housewives like I have! It is on summer hiadius here right now, so I have been watching "Aarmy Wives" on Lifetime.

Monika said...

Cherie,Oh, I am already in love with it! :) I saw a few more episodes last night. I know where to get my entertainment from now..lol.

aritra said...

I started watching one of the reruns of friends a year back and from then on i am addicted to it . bought season 5-10. will have to look at ebay for the rest .

As for desperate housewives ,i know its huge .. but i havent seen any episode . everytime its a feeling like , i dont know what has been happening .. so it wont interest me . but i think i would give it a go now , and seat through 2-3 episodes .

:)

Monika said...

Aritra, i suggest u buy the first few seasons & watch from the beginning, otherwise u might get lost with Desperate Housewives.
By the way, I did not see a blog in you listing. Did I miss anything?