Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ansh's Favourite festival



......is Rakshabandhan. Thanks to his dadis(grandmas). My MIL & hubby's chachi do a home business of designing Rakhis & getting them made on contract basis.Ansh has a great time playing with the Rakhis(raw materials & actual rakhis). He gets the first piece of almost every child rakhi that they make. So he has now a huge collection of little characters ranging from various Gods to cartoon characters. In the above picture he is decorating our bed with these little Rakhi characters. This has been going on for a month now & will continue for another (Rakhi is on 16th August). He has a big plastic box in which he stores these rakhis & his collection has been growing over the years. He tells me that he is going to have someone tie all the rakhis on him on D-Day & if his arms are full he can tie them on his legs too............lol.

6 comments:

D said...

How cute! We never celebrated raksha bandhan because, well, it's just not part of our customs. Have never shopped for rakhis. And I'm in total awe of the festival, if there was anything like that.

Monika said...

d, maybe u can start a new tradition..... . It's fun. :)

~nm said...

So when are you getting him a lil sister to tie all these rakhis? *wink*

Monika said...

NM-I knew that comment was coming....lol. Maybe I'll reserve another post for that topic. Bottomline is that I am willing to at least think about it now coz I am running out of time but hubby is totally against it!

Mystic Margarita said...

Lol at ~nm's comment! Hmmm...what if he has a li'l brother? :)

Monika said...

@mystic margarita-lol... true!